Chapter 52

Chapter 52

Alison

I was playing with my fingers as we wait for our people to respond to our call if ever there are more survivors. I saw Raven pacing back and forth at the foot of the stadium. Octavia on the other hand seemed calm while leaning on the wall. Maybe because training with the grounders help her maintain her emotions in check. The princess is just standing still like a statue near the right side of the Queen who is seated on her throne. While the commander is at her left side calmly waiting for the scene to reveal. The Queen's wife is seated at her right side who seemed not please in this situation. Even Monty and Bellamy are present, they protested when we asked them to stay in bed. The councils are seated in their designated seats in each sides."i can feel them..." the princess said half whispered drawing me back from my thoughts. I closed my eyes and indeed felt atleast 5 auras coming. The princess moved closer stepping down the podium. Raven stopped pacing and looked at the double doors. We held our breath as the double doors slowly opened.. I heavily sighed in relief and almost in tears when we saw one of the Queen's council Kane looking tired and thin but alive. The princess gasp and levitated towards her people in a flash. She hugged Kane almost knocking him down. The old man cried as he envelope the princess in a tight hug. Beside Kane is Zara who is still lovely even in a skinny way i smiled at her warmly and levitated towards them. Raven ran towards Jasper knocking him down. Belamy and Monty helped one another to join the group. Jaha even if i don't like him I'm still relieved that he was alive but out of the five he looks more decent and well eaten. Lastly, Fin was tackled by Octavia who immediately tapped out. The princess are now greeting her people with warm hugs. The grounders seemed touched by the scene and saw some of the councils teary eyed. I saw a slight smirk from the commander and even if the Queen still doesn't show emotions her eyes says otherwise, her green pools are now warm and happy unlike before. I followed her gaze and saw how she's eyeing our princess. I smiled at the thought. If only though.. "come let me present all of you to the Queen and her councils.. We must thank her for her generosity." the princess said with a smile. She held the hand of Kane guiding him in front. They look a bit scared at the Queen's presence even Zara moved at my back. I smiled at her assuring her that it is alright. Jaha didn't show fear but i could see through him, still abnoxious even in this time. I rolled my eyes and almost hit him on the head. "your grace and councils.. I would like to introduce to you the sky people, my people or what was now left of us.. This is elder Kane he used to serve my mother and I know that you are cautious because of our elemental powers we possessed but i assure you we will use it in the Queen's command and for the prosperity of the kingdom.."the princess said making the councils smile and nod, grateful for her assurance." Elder Kane possessed the nature.. He can grow trees, flowers and many more, he can help your farmers  for the kingdom's food supply.. " the councils nod in agreement and smiled. I know they are pleased to hear this elder Kane will be beneficial for the kingdom. The princess turned to Zara she's younger than us but we used to hangout before when we were kids. I have not seen her since i accepted the job to be the right hand of the princess. She really grew beautifully with long straight red hair that reached her buttom to her stunning grey eyes and her milky white skin no one could deny her beauty even if she wore dirty and tattered clothes. The princess smiled at her assuring her that it is okay. "This is Lady Zara she is one of the nobles, her mother is also one of my mother's council and she would have been one of mine as well if things were different. She can harness the water and can even control the creatures in it." then Zara bowed in respect. The princess moved introducing one by one, Jasper related to Raven is also a shifter and was one of our generals in the land. Bellamy the older brother of Octavia was the head in military force back then, Monty was his beta and bestfriend both harness metals. Fin on the other hand can harness the wind while Jaha can control the animals except ofcourse the dragons and the wolves for they are loyal and protected the grounders for how many centuries now especially the nightbleedas. After the princess introduce our people one by one the queen stood up and spoke. "We appreciate your efforts sky princess to ensure my people that you and your people will serve the throne. I expect all of you to live in harmony from now on besides as our elder council would say we are now living a new era and that era is to co-exist with one another, sky or ground you are all my people. Let there be peace and prosperity.. To the kingdom! " then the councils shouted in unison and stood up" To the kingdom". "let there be feast tonight to introduce the sky people as one of us. Open the gates and let our people enter the castle, this is the perfect time where the grounders can finally meet the sky people personally .."the Queen announced making our people gasp and the councils cheer happily." sky princess i will arrange an accommodation for you and your people where you can rest and get ready for the party. Titus will be at your service till then.. "she continued. I look at the bald man and almost cringe maybe because there is something about his aura that i don't seem to like. Titus bowed for acknowledging the Queen's command." After the feast we will discuss how you can contribute to the wellness of the kingdom but first we should celebrate.. Sky people you deserve to live and enjoy your life after what you've been through.. Welcome to the Capital.." the Queen ended her speech making us teary eyed, elder Kane cried hugging the princess, Zara ran towards me crying her heart out. Then i envelope her in a warm hug comforting her that the war is now long over. We can finally live in peace. I caught the commanders intense gaze towards me i look at her and smiled warmly she was shock at first by my response but later on smirked then looked down with tinted red cheeks. I didn't know that the commander could be bashful sometimes that made me smile widely which made her avoided my gaze. I would love to see that side of her more than the statued commander that we used to watch from the TV.