Chapter 70

Clark

After we cleared the air between me and Lexa things really just followed into place. We were inseparable, I'm used to sleeping with her every night, it was just surreal, so natural...and not to mention the intense hot love making.. We just couldn't get enough of each other. We usually eat with the other officials in the palace and I'm pretty sure they noticed how their stoic deadly grounder Queen changed. She tends to smile now unlike before and make casual conversations with others. Back then, as I recall, she tends to just eat quietly and just talk about matters regarding the kingdom. No emotions just the stoned cold face Grounder Queen. Everyone loved the new version of Lexa except Titus who always scrunched his brows whenever I'm around but I intentionally just smiled at him sweetly, to annoy the bald man. The people in the palace welcomed me whole heartedly but i really want to get back at my job. Plus Lexa have been busy lately due to the upcoming festivals, usually i woke up with a light kiss on my lips but when i opened my eyes Lexa is already closing the door, she tends to went out early and retire late. At times i felt lonely for Ali is also busy, Zara went back to Luna's land, Raven seclude herself in the lab and Octavia never had time to chat. I'm just coup up in this huge place without doing anything. So i decided to work again at Nyoko's hospital but I have to talk to Lexa about it. I sighed heavily. How could i even talk to her when she's too busy ruling the kingdom..i walked around the garden then sat on the swing where I grew fond of killing time even though this place reminded me the first time I met Costia. A flash of memory invaded my mind where Ontari said that I'm just a concubine to the Queen. A tinge of pain hit straight at my heart, does everyone think of me like that... Since i replaced Costia.. I sighed heavily and just pushed those negative thoughts away. I opened the book that I'm holding and continued to read where I left off. I really hope i could talk to Lexa soon.. I don't want to feel useless.."feeling at home already?" i was startled and look at the person standing in front of me. I recognised her.. She's one of Costia's friend. She held a sarcatic smile while she crossed her arms. "my father and the Queen is at the throne room discussing boring stuff so I decided to walk around then I saw you sky princess.. How's the feeling being the concubine? The second option? God! You don't have dignity left do you?!" she said angrily. I closed the book and moved away. I don't want to deal with this drama. I walked away without saying a word." see? You're such a shame to your people.. You went low and ruin other people's marriage. So sneeky.. Such a bitch" she continued mocking me but i just buried them all. Shutting her out. When i reached the hallways. I immediately run towards Lexa's chambers locked it immediately and slumped myself in the bed. I felt pain and tears began to fall, she really hit those words with the right target. I spent the rest of the day moping around, i intend to speak to Lexa tonight and i hope it would go well. I fell asleep waiting, i felt a soft kiss on my lips before the bed moved i tried to open my eyes but I'm too tired and just let my body pulled to dream land. I woke up late in the morning and heavily sighed in defeat, disappointed of myself. I didn't get a chance to talk to her. I hurriedly went to the bathroom took a bath then get dressed hoping to see her around the palace. I wore a light blue sundress that just end on the middle thigh and a pair of dark blue sandals. I just let my hair down then put light pink lipstick on my lips. As I walk through the wide hallways I heard a smooth melody. I followed the sound and was lead to the music room in the palace. I haven't been here and I didn't know it exist. I walked inside and saw one of the grounder elder playing the piano. He noticed me then stopped. He smiled warmly and signalled me to sat beside him. "Hi there sky princess..its nice to see you.." he said. There is this fatherly vibe in him that I really like. He was the first one who acknowledge our existence as their own. "Hello sire.." i said respectfully. "you don't have to be so formal. You can call me Henry.." he said with a smile. "Alright Henry.." i said then smiled back. He pat his side and I complied. "Do you know how to play this instrument?" he asked. "Yes but the old version of this instrument you know I'm a sky person we don't have high technologies like the grounders used to have." i said with a blush. "oh no need to be ashamed about that.. Anyway want to teach you?" he offered. "oh I loved to.." i said with excitement in my voice. "but first let me show you.. I will introduce to you my old favourite song.." he said and showed me the notes and the lyrics with it. "I want to hear that angel voice again so can you sing with me princess?".I smiled then answered "sure..." then he started the melody.