chapter seven

Thomas Daniel Davison will be released on April 26, 2018.

Today's date was April 24.

I inhaled deeply and folded up the letter then tucked it back in the envelope.

"What's that?" I jumped hearing Mammy voice come from behind.

"I didn't mean to startled you," She spoke softly as she sat on the edge of my bed. I looked at her wiped the stray tear that slipped from my face.

"His getting out soon huh?" I nodded keeping my eyes on the stained white envelope.

"Do you think it's time to tell Tabitha her father is the father is Ryan's dad?" He asked. My heart sped up with anxiety and I shook my head no.

"I know you're afraid-"

"Afraid?" I questioned laughing with sarcasm drenched in my voice. "I'm terrified." I confessed with tears streaming down my face. She stared at my speechless. This was the first time I've ever seen Mammy speechless. She had no bible scripture to quote to me or any inspirational words.

"I'm sorry," She apologized shaking her head. "I can't imagine what you're going through right now but just know I'm here." I walked to her and hugged her, she hugged me back and rubbed my back.

"I know," I whispered in her ear.

I wasn't in the mood to talk or be around anyone for the night so after Mammy left my room I stayed in my room alone. Lights were off television was off just me in the darkness.

I sniffed thinking of all the negative thoughts. A knock interrupted my mini breakdown; I sat up knowing it was Ryann. I haven't seen her all day. I reached over and turned on the lamp.

"Come in," I answered.

"Look mommy, came to visit you," I smiled weakly looking up to see Mason.

"What's up boo?" He asked wrapping his arms around me. "Nothing," I answered wrapping my arms back around him tightly. He smell so amazing. He planted a kiss on my forehead releasing me.

"You eat Ry?" He asked taking off his jean jacket.

"I'm not hungry."

"I'll bring you something to eat and you gone eat it," He sung picking up Ryann; she giggled as he carried her out the room.

I reached over picking up my remote. I clicked the television on turning in Netflix. I strolled over to Avenger Infinity Wars starting the movie. Mason soon returned with Wendy's bag; he placed the cup on the dresser.

"Thank you." I smiled thanking him. He removed his jacket again then placed it on the couch. My eyes followed him until he laid beside me.

"Wassup with ya?" He asked hitting my thigh and pulled me closer so that my leg was wrapped my leg around his leg.

"Thomas is getting out of prison in two days," I told him as his hand rubbed over my booty. He tensed up hearing that name again. He was informed on what Thomas did to me. He was the reason the abuse stopped because he told his mother.

"You have to do a restraining order for you Cupcake." He said staring in my face while I admired the tattoos on his arm. I exhaled laying my head on his chest, he wrapped his strong arms around my body.