chapter twenty-eight

Another updatttteee 🙃

Sydney picture below

Rylee

I looked away from the beautiful girl and sipped my tea knowing there was a reason for her to start a conversation with me. I looked back at her noticing she was looking around the club as if she didn't want to be seen.

"I hope you don't mind me asking but you look so damn familiar.. and your name.." I begun.

She smiled revealing her white teeth, "You might know me from Instagram. I'm an Instagram model and Mariah is my daughter." I chocked on my drink hearing those words.

Fuck me.

"Well, I'm sure it's not a coincidence that we're here at the same time..."

"You're right. It's just that one of my sister-in-laws where telling me how something was going on that I should know about."

"Sister-in-law?" I asked lifting my eyebrow in confusion.

"Yes, I'm Leo's wife." My mouth grew dry and my breathing grew uneven. I exhaled taking a deep breath. I ignored the pain in my chest and the betrayal I felt in my belly.

I chuckled and sipped my drink before placing the glass on the bar.

"Well... this is news to me," I mumbled pushing the tears back down my throat.

"She also told me you didn't know anything about it. I came to talk to you and see if you can help me."

I lifted my sad watery eyes up to her, "Help you how?"

•••••

"You enjoy yourself?" Leo asked on the way to the jet. We sat in the back of the truck as a driver drove us to our destination. Leo was too tired to drive.

"I did," I mumbled looking out the window. 

"Babe," He reaches over grabbing my hand. Using everything in me, I stayed calm even though I wanted to fuck up his world.

"You okay?" I stared in his eyes and nodded before looking away and staying quiet the entire way home.

***

"Thanks.." I mumbled watching Leo's driver take my luggage out vehicle.

"You can put it in my car," I said opening the truck. Leo was in the house taking his things inside his house. Leo came back out with the girls but stopped to have a conversation with someone.