Gravestone

Sophia's POV
Her gravestone was there with her name in display and the dates of her first and last breaths showing. The old flowers that I places months ago were still there, dying away. I cleaned any random leaves that laid on top of my mother's gravestone and sighed when everything was cleaned off. 

I sat there on my knees with a big hoodie taking over my body, covering most of me. My hair was a mess and I was bruised. My eyes were red and teary from the tears that were constantly spilling from pain. 

I felt a lump in my throat as I started to feel more tears come my way. I quickly collected the tears on the sleeve of my hoodie and smiled, a sigh leaves afterwards.

"Hi mom.." I say to her grave. "Been a while, huh?" I say again and chuckle a little and wipe away tears that were falling against my cheeks. "I-..I wish you were here." I choked out.

I bursted into a sobbing mess. I couldn't breathe very well and I felt more alone than ever. I wanted to be held, but I was on my own. I didn't have my parents anymore. My dad was gone, left after my mom died. And my mom, of course, passed on to another world. Her last wishes were for me to stick with Jay and to take care of him, knowing how he is. I stood by my promise, at least till he matured. 

"I uh..I have a story to tell you." I said with a small laugh. I wiped my tears away, once again and took a deep breath. "There is a guy. His name is Logan Paul. He has blonde hair that flips to the right, green beautiful eyes, light pale skin, and yes, he has a built body." I laughed knowing that his body figure would have been a big possible question that my mother would have asked if she was still alive. "He does many things for a living. He makes YouTube videos, but that is more like a hobby. But, his channel has grown to be very successful in such very short amount of time. Not only that, but he is an actor. He acts in movies and honestly, he is very good at it." I chuckle, feeling slightly better inside from talking to my mom about Logan. "He also does music and he is surprisingly really good at it. His voice is the definition of an angel." 

I looked up at the sky, seeing the white clouds move slowly over the bright sun. The wind blew against my body, blowing my hair behind me. I shivered from the cold breeze and looked back down at the stone in front of me.

"He is very amazing. But if you knew the full story, you would have told me to back away from him..but we are both to blame.." I say as my sentence fades away into a whisper. 

Suddenly, I didn't feel alone. I felt like I had company around me, giving me slightly more confidence to keep talking.

"We both played a game and I-I didn't know how to play, mom. I don't know what I was thinking when I made the decisions I made. I dont think Logan did either. But I know why he did what he did. What to know why? Because...Because he was hurt."

I never thought the way my mouth was right now. I was saying things I had never realized. Things i should have noticed a long time ago.

Logan was hurt and I failed to see that with my own two eyes. He dated Chloe because that was his outlet to get over what he thought was a trap of mine, a game, when he was told that I was no longer available. I was blind and didn't step into his shoes sooner. But, I started to see it more clearly when I would see him from a distance. The way his smile with Chloe was forced and his laugh was unreal. The talks that I had with Jay told me clearly that Logan would ask about me even though he knew it would make it awkward as hell, knowing that Jay knew our situation between me and Logan.

Either way, he cared. And somehow, I cared too and still do.

"..He was hurt and I didn't notice it. I was hurt too and that leaded me to play the game more wrongly and I know you taught me better than that." I said and yet another tear slipped down my cheek. This one, I let it slid. "I promise you that I would look after Jason and it just turns out that Jay has to look after me now. What a s-shame." I said and more tears freely slid down my face.

"I love him, mom. Logan, I mean. I love Logan and I couldn't be more proud to say it. I'm in love with him and honestly, I think now I know mostly how love feels. I dont want to ever look back because I only want to get lost in his eyes. Not no one else's...even if it means that I can possibly get hurt." I say and cover my eyes with the sleeves of my hoodie.

"And I know I am in love with your daughter as well." I hear. I freeze in my place and slowly start to take my sleeves away from my eyes. "She has been the light of my day and the color of my most darkest days. She makes me smile without even trying and I know you wouldn't be ashamed of what she has done in her life." I meet eyes with him.

Logan stood there behind me with his hands by his side and his eyes glued to my mom's grave.

"I dont want anyone but Sophia and I hope that you can forgive me for believing such a lie from another that was not even important in the story." His unique green eyes look into mine. "I preach about being different, about going past the limits and doing better. And let me tell you, there is no other better then the girl I have in front of me." The tears were starting to build up again in my eyes. His hand landed on top of mine. "I love you, Sophia. Please let me show you that I truly do." Logan says.

I shook my head no. Confusion flushes over Logans face and a splash of red covered his cheeks.

"No, because you already showed me that you do." I said, my lips meeting his. Our lips moved softly against eachother like it was meant to be. His hand held my waist, pulling me closer. My hands found his long blonde hair.

"I love you." We said.