I Dare You

Sophia's POV
I was finally leaving the hospital in a few minutes. I spent a week and a day in the hospital and I am more than grateful to be leaving this hell.

Jay had brought me new clothes to change into and I had my phone in hand. Once I was ready, I was checked out and Jay took me back home, where I belong.

On the car ride there, I started to get curious in where Jason was and why he didn't come step foot in my hospital room. I looked at Jay as he drove down a street.

"Brother, by any chance, did you happen to see Jason anywhere?" I ask and Jay shakes his head.

"Have you not seen him?" Jay asks and now it was my turn to shake my head.

Jay's face expression became a sense of confusion and slight anger.

"You're not kidding?"

"I wish I was" I admitted and looked out the car window.

Honestly, it didn't truly hurt me that Jason didn't come to pay a small visit this whole week, but I thought that he really cared this much. I mean, months ago, he was worried about me 24/7. Months ago, I was receiving annoying phone calls in the middle of night from him making sure I was still breathing. At this point, I'm my even sure if I miss that but I am sure that something is going on.

Getting home, I grabbed my things from Jay's car and followed him up the same floor and down the same path to our apartments. Once we both stood in front of our apartment doors, we looked at eachother and shared a smile.

"If you need anything, I'm only a door away." Jay says and I laugh with a small nod.

"Thanks, Jay. Means a lot, really." I expressed. I could almost feel my hear warm up with how much I was noticing Jay was changing.

I'm not sure if his change was being caused because of being on his own for once of because he has a roommate that has a good career going on for him and he's happy. Well, I don't care how, I just love it.

I entered my apartment right after Jay did. I was quick to notice that my living room area was slightly messier than usual and there were a few dirty dishes in my kitchen sink. The only person I could think of that has been here would be Jason, since he knows that there is a hidden key under the number plate. What catches me off guard is the 2 wine glasses that are set by the sink.

"No. It can't be." I whispered to myself as I see a red lipstick stain on one of the wine glasses. I looked at the mark with disgust and once I was about to rush over to my room, the front door opens. I look back to see Jason standing there with a red rose in hand.

Oh, how sweet of you.

Did you sense the sarcasm?

"What the hell are you doing here, Jason?" I say, almost yelling.

"Call down, Sophia. You're brother told me you were finally out the hospital, so I came to see you-"

"And you couldn't visit me?" I ask crossing my arms as my face turns a shade of red from anger.

"I was. Busy." Jason says slowly and I roll my eyes.

I walk over to the 2 wine glasses that were sitting by my sink and grab the one with the stained lipstick.

"Busy, huh?" I say and play with the glass between my pointer and middle finger. Jason rolls his eyes.

"My house is under construction and I brought my mom here so she could be safe. We were drinking some wine." Jason explained.

Part of me felt guilty for thinking that he was cheating on me, but in all honesty, did I ever even cared at all?

I set the glass down and looked down at the floor, already feeling Jason getting annoyed by my actions.