Chapter 14 - 'Determined To Ruin Your Life'

hello hello helloooo! :) hope you're all okay! & thanks for readingg this, it means a lot when I get comments on how you're enjoying it! <3 lots of loveee!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lana’s POV:

I stood right in front of Jade, my eyes wide and frozen. She was more than pissed off and you could see it right in her eyes. Darn my life, really. I’m already going to get hated and I only just got here.

“I-I just… need to…”, I started mumbling the words. Yes, I’m scared as hell right now. She looks as if she’s about to jump at me and beat me until I die. I swallow real hard when Katherine interrupts. Thank god.

“Uhm, Jade… just let me talk to her”, she said, pushing Jade gently aside. Katherine took my arm and led me down a hallway towards the front entrance of the school. We walked by a couple who were laughing and lost in their own groups. As we got to the front, Katherine turned to face me with a smile on her face while I was doing the total opposite.

“What’s up”, she asks.

“Uhm… I heard about you and Harry. I-“ I began, while she shook her head.

“It was for the best”, she replied, as I saw her fighting back tears.

“Katherine… what happened last night in my kitchen wasn’t how it looked it. It wasn’t supposed to happen and… it was just wrong timing. I’m really sorry. I know both you and Harry love each other and I hate to be the one who caused you to be away from him. I feel so guilty, I can’t even explain to you…” I said, feeling myself getting emotional. I don’t like it when I make people upset. I don’t like being that girl that messes stuff up for people.

“Lana, are you really blaming yourself? It’s not your fault AT ALL”, she said, emphasizing her last words. “It’s just, I don’t know. I’ve been friends with Harry for so long and I can tell he’s not happy. He’s beyond wonderful and I love him with all my heart, but I can’t keep up a relationship where both our feelings aren’t the same. I feel so terrible keeping him from being happy! Every single I’m with him, I can see it in his eyes, but he never once told me and I just ignored it because I was so happy. But I can’t deal with it anymore, it hurts me” she said, letting a tear slide down her cheek. I reached out and hugged her tight. The words she just said to me clearly show how much she loves him, and somewhere in my heart I know I have part in making her upset. She’s more than sweet, but I can’t believe I’m actually doing this to her. She pulled back from the hug, and wiped her eyes.

“You’re a great girl Lana, thank you for talking to me. It nice that you wanted to clear things out with me but please know it’s not your fault. Some things just aren’t meant to be and I can’t do anything about it”, she said with a smiling on her face.

“I’m glad this is sorted out, but I’d still like to say sorry. I’m here for you if you need anyone to talk to at any time!”

“Thank you, it means a lot”, she said. “Now let’s go back.”

We began walking back inside as she told me a joke. We got back into the cafeteria, where I saw Harry hanging out with his normal ‘crew’, just missing Katherine. His eyes go wide as he sees us making our way into the cafeteria while Jade gives me the dirtiest look someone could ever receive. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach as I looked at her. She really hates me, it’s crystal clear.

“Talk to you later then!” Katherine said, walking away to her friends.

Harry’s POV:

What the hell? Why is Katherine with Lana? Did she tell her about everything? I hope not. That’s stupid Harry. She wouldn’t just go tell the girl that she senses you’re in love with her… right? The thoughts kept running into my head and they just wouldn’t stop as I saw the two girls backing back from the front doors to the cafeteria, laughing. My eyes suddenly widened as Lana looked my way, maybe Kat did tell her. Great.  I shook my head for a couple seconds closing my eyes, and mentally preparing myself to get hated on. But I guess I deserve it. I looked back up to see Katherine walking towards us. She smiled as she took her seat next to me. She looked right into my eyes and smiled, leaning her head forward. I thought she was going to kiss me at first, but her lips made their way towards my ears.