Chapter 21 - Ice Cream

heyy hey heyy :) 2000+ reads. thaankyou :) woop. hope you enjoy this chapteer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Harry’s POV:

Her cheeks flushed a light red when I hinted the sight before me being pretty. Of course she was talking about the bright lights and the massive structure, but I had a completely different initiative. When I had removed my hand from her eyes, her face held such content that it had made my heart beat accelerate and a warm feeling to take place at the pit of my stomach.

Coming back to reality, her head was facing the ground beneath us as if she was embarrassed. I don’t get it. She’s doesn’t know she’s beautiful. I extended my hand to cup her cheek and tell her that she was the most beautiful person I had ever laid my eyes upon, but stopped a couple inches away. ‘Stop Harry, it’ll make everything more uncomfortable. Not yet!’ My thoughts screamed at me, and I took back my hand, placing it back to my side.

“Well, let’s go!” I said, after clearing my throat and having her attention.

“What?! We’re going on it?!” She exclaimed, her eyes glistening with excitement.

“No, Lana… I just brought you here because I wanted you to stand here and look at it”, I replied sarcastically. “I’m pretty sure you’ve already seen it before but you probably want to go on it.”

She rolled her eyes and we both started walking towards the Ferris wheel.  After a couple minutes, we were in one of the glass bubbles and the city lights shone brightly everywhere around us. There were other people in it alongside, all looking older than us, but they were doing their own stuff.  I took a seat on the bench type of thing placed in the center of the capsule watching Lana examine our surroundings. She suddenly faced me and gave me a warm smile. “Thank you”, she said, barely audible. I returned her a smile and patted the space next to me so she could sit down and she made her way over.

“Like it?” I asked, facing towards her and observing her reactions.

“Well duhh! It’s a spectacular view!” She squealed and I chuckled. “Are you laughing at me?” She asked, raising her brow.

I winked, “What…. No!”

“Mhmmm”, she mumbled, smirking. She stuck out her hands and they found my sides. I thought she was coming in for a hug at first but her fingers were quickly brushing against me and I unconsciously burst into laughter. She was tickling me, what even.

“Lana, p-please, stop it!” I hollered, finding it hard to catch my breath. She giggled finding this situation somewhat amusing while I felt like I was going to pass out any minute. I tried snatching her hands away from me but it wouldn’t do anything so I planted one of my hand on her lower back and pulled her fiercely towards me. I smirked as her eyes widened in shock and she tried to wriggle free but she wasn’t getting her way. My hold was firm and in a position that no matter what she tried, she couldn’t get out.

“Now what?” I whispered, still holding the smirk. Her gaze left my eyes to look at something behind me and I reluctantly turned around to face whatever it was. We had eyes on us. I had forgotten that we weren’t alone here. I hesitantly let go of Lana and stood next to her, staring up at them.

“Sorry for interrupting!” A woman spoke, while the others stood there staring at us with grins on their faces. I turned to look at Lana, her head was facing down in embarrassment and her cheeks were flushed red as could feel my own cheeks warming up.

“Aww, they’re so cute. You two look absolutely beautiful together; I can tell you’re in love.” Someone else uttered. As much as I wanted it to be true, I knew it wasn’t something Lana would be comfortable with and so I started to protest.