Chapter 16 - Forever and Always

hiyaaa, sorry for the late update :( hope you still like it !

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Zayn’s POV:

I pulled up into the school parking with Niall and Liam. I asked Jade if she wanted me to pick up her up on the way, but she refused and said just to meet her up.

“What’s going on over there?” Liam questioned while breaking me from my trance. A group of people were huddled around some kind of show.

“Probably some kid acting up”, I responded while we walked the other direction, until we heard a girl shout. It sounded familiar. In fact, too familiar. Sounded exactly like… Jade. My eyes widened while I my feet subconsciously rushed towards the crowd. Soon enough, I was staring intensively at the sight in front of me. Jade raised her hand and it brutally made contact with Lana’s face.

“Jade! What the hell are you doing?!” Harry suddenly jumped in, pulling Lana close into his chest. I rushed over and grabbed Jade as quickly as possible before things got worse.

“LET ME GO!” she shrieked.

We were out of the parking lot and I turned to face her, her blue eyes filled with so much anger.

“Jade, what was that back there?” I asked calmly while he eyes took interest on the ground beneath us. I cupped her chin with my hand and forced her to look straight at me. Her eyes began to tear up and she abruptly threw her hands around my neck, into a hug. My hands rested on her waist pulling her in closer comforting her as she sobbed into the chest.

“Babe, what’s wrong?” she let her tears fall as I leaned back to look at her. I wiped away her cheeks with my thumbs and she let go of me. “Here, come sit here” I led her to a small bench in front of the school gates and we both sat down. There was a lingering silence before she spoke.

“I don’t want to lose you too Zayn”, she began, looking down at her hands.

“What do you mean lose me ‘too’?”

“Remember when you used to ask me out and I would never say yes to you?” I nodded. “Well, a couple years before… I was with this guy, Jake, and I used to love him to bits. He was my everything…” My teeth clenched as I saw her eyes water again.

“Did he hurt you?” She shook her head no. “Then… what happened?” It was kind of an awkward conversation talking about her ex…

“Someone else did. Harry was a friend of his and I think it bothered him that I took away Jake’s attention. He got mad, and he forced himself on me and Jake thought I cheated… and then he was gone forever without even letting me explain…” She laughed and wiped a tear escaping her eyes. “I know this must be awkward for you but I need to tell you.” I gave her a reassuring smile before she continued. “Harry came to apologize to me a couple weeks into middle school, but the hate and anger all came rushing back to me and I couldn’t stand him at all. I couldn’t let go of Jake, for so long. I never thought I was ever going to move on so I didn’t bother giving you a chance. But you cared so much about me and I was so rude to you, and that was wrong. Katherine finally talked me into giving you a chance and I fell in love with you.” She finally looked up at me, her eyes staring deep into my brown ones. “Yesterday, I heard Liam and Lana talking while I was about to go home. She was saying she liked you and I-I just… couldn’t. I felt like the same thing was happening to me all over again. When you and Niall saw me, I just didn’t feel like talking to anyone. I never did anything to Harry to get back at him because he was with Katherine, and I wouldn’t want to hurt her just to get back at him but all the anger was still trapped in me like fire. It felt like Lana just ignited it more. I got here and when I saw her, I just burst…” she said, and I pulled her close. “You probably hate me...”