Chapter 13 - It's All My Fault

Hope you're enjoying this! It's 3:00am here andd I couldn't stop writting! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Katherine’s POV:

I walked inside the house in tears. I loved Harry more than anything in the world and saying that to him was probably the hardest thing I had ever done, but making him stay with me would make me feel guiltier knowing he wasn’t happy at all. I wiped up my tears before rushing it towards the stairs.

“Kathy, honey! What’s wrong?” my mum asked, noticing me come in. I ignored her and continued walking up the stairs without turning around. I opened the door to my room, locking it and threw myself onto my bed, burying my face into my pillow. I couldn’t help the emotions flowing. Harry was my first love, ever since we were little.

I still remember the first day of school. I was jumping up and down from excitement when my mum dropped me off. There was this really cute curly-haired boy who was crying his lungs out. I just stood holding my mum’s had staring at this boy, why was he crying so much? The teachers came out to get us, and he wouldn’t let his mum go while she tries to calm him down.

“Why is he crying so much mummy?” I looked up at mum and asked. She bent down and smiled.

“He’s just a little scared baby. You want to go say hi?” She asked, and I nodded.

We walked over to him and his mum.

“Is he alright?” I mum started a conversation with his.

“Oh yes! He’s fine. His big sister just gave him a little scare before he got out of the house!” she replied.

I looked at him; he had gorgeous green eyes filled with water. I let go my mum’s hand, and stood right in front of him. He hid his face behind his mum’s shoulder and she gently brought him back to the front.

“Harry, stop hiding hun. She’s a friend, now say hello”, she said, smiling in my direction.

He wiped the tears from his eyes and said, “Will you be my friend?” he said, looking in my eyes and smiling, showing off his most charming dimples. He took my hand and we both made our way into the classroom, saying goodbye to our mums. Our friendship grew and grew, and our families became great friends.

-KNOCKKNOCK-

“Kathy babe, you alright in there? What’s wrong?” my mum asked from the other side of the door, interrupting my thoughts. I pulled myself together and sat upright on my bed. On the table next to my bed was a picture frame that had a picture of Harry and I, posing beside our sandcastle on the beach. I picked up and stared long at it and smiled. I wiped my tears and opened the door. My mum was still standing outside the door, looking worried.

“Oh honey! What’s wrong?!” She said, pulling me for a tight hug.

“Nothing mom…” I replied.

“Did Harry do something again? You haven’t cried since…” she stopped, knowing that she probably shouldn’t bring back the memory again. She sat by me for hours the day Harry told me he cheated while I bawled out tears.

I smiled, “No mom, it’s okay. Don’t worry, just let me get my head around it first”

“Ermm, okay sweety. By the way… I kind of called Jade. Just let her know you’re okay..”

OMG. GREAT. She’s going to attack him again. Urgh.

“Well, this is great…” I said, shutting the door as she walked away. I walked over to my closet and pulled out pajamas and changed. I pulled back my hair into a bun and made my way back to my bed again. I picked up my phone that was on silent on my bedside table to call Jade. I eyes widened as I noticed that I had like 20 messages and 5 missed calls. Most of them were from Jade, telling me to ‘CALL HER THIS INSTANCE’. I checked the others and saw about 3 messages and 2 missed calls from Harry.