Chapter 20 - Love Bug

hello :) enjoy this chapteeer! 

vote, comment, fan! Thanks for reading! :) lovee ya. <3

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Harry’s POV:

I couldn’t stop smiling. Stop it Harry, you’re making it so obvious! Louis being a freaking genius made sure everyone had something to do that tonight. As we were gathered, he made it clear that I had just tonight to make an impression on Lana and it had to be good. I didn’t really pay attention to the rest as they were thinking of what excuse they were going to give in order to back out of the outing.

Coming back to reality, Lana stood in front of me with her mouth hanging open. She shifted on her feet and placed her arm over her stomach. “I’m not going either… I’m feeling sorta sick.”

“Liar, you’re already dressed”, I replied, still smirking.

“Well, Harry, I don’t feel like going anymore okay!” she snapped, while turning her heels to walk back into the house. Before she could escape, I snaked an arm around her waist and forced her body back towards me. Her eyes meet mine and as much as I loved being close to her, she wriggled out of my hold. We stood in silence as she stared at the ground, the aura around us becoming a tad awkward.

I cleared my throat and looked at her unreadable expression. “Why not? It’ll be fun Lana, I can’t do anything about no one showing up. And I’m here now anyway so we might as well just go… right?”

She looked up with her eyes showing signs of irritation. I couldn’t be that bad right? “Fine.” I watched her as she grabbed her bag and led me out of the house, locking it behind. Without another word, we walked over to my car and I opened the car door for her while she hopped in mumbling a little ‘Thanks.’ I grinned as I walked over to the driver side and slid in, only to find Lana looking out the window frowning. My smile slowly faded as I reached across to grab her hand that was calmly lying on her knee. She flinched at the touch and abruptly turned towards me, snatching her hand away. I put the car in drive and drove.

“Lana, you could at least just talk to me and try to have a good time”, I sighed, getting no response from her. “What’s this even about anyway? You seem fine talking to everyone else but you can’t even have a proper conversation with me. I’m just trying to be a friend like the rest of them, trust me.”

“I don’t know if you’re likely of being trusted, Harry. You don’t really seem to have a faithful past.” The words slipped so silently and quickly, it was hard for me to catch them all coming from her mouth at one time. Even though they were just mumbles, they stung horribly. My hand clenched the steering wheel while I stared hard out the windshield. I wanted to forget everything that happened before and everyone knew how guilty I’d felt about it. Things do get around fast don’t they? She had barely been here for a month and she already knows what happened.

Neither of us broke the lingering silence that surrounded us. I didn’t know what to tell her, but soon enough she’d have to know it was nothing but a mistake. Why was she judging me this hard from something in my past? Was she afraid I’ll hurt her? I hadn’t even spoken a word about how I felt towards her, but if she knows she’s probably trying to distance herself from me for that reason right?

***

We were stood right in front of Buckingham Palace. I tried making some sort of conversation with her, trying to release some of the awkwardness but nothing would get to her. She would give me one word responses and would go quiet again, her eyes scanning everywhere but me. She placed her hand on the enormous metal gates as I just stared at her. It seemed as if she wanted to talk about her excitement but just being here with me, she held it in all to herself.