Good Times and bad, mostly bad.

The sudden opening of the door made you jump and pull out the .44 that had always been there for you. The scars the weapon had reflected your own but it had never quit as you had. Your finger was on the trigger ready to put a round right in the rabbits brain. You relaxed once you realized it was Judy, everyone seemed to have released held breathes at this except for the rabbit herself. She seemed shocked that you were here right in front of her. The uncomfortable silence lasted until Nick broke it with a suggestion.

"Why don't we talk inside hmm?"

"Yeah, um sorry Judy. Just really jumpy from being hunted for years and stuff."

"It's ok?" She walks to Nick and whispers something in his ear, he nods and opens the door to let you inside. You walked in carefully and watchfully. Old habits die hard. You treat the place like it was Vietnam, searching for the booby traps or hiding places. The vibes not fitting well. You let Nick pass you to lead you to Judy's apartment, always checking behind you. Your trigger finger itched and you swore something was watching and waiting. Once he unlocked the door you pulled a chair next to the window with the blinds partially closed. The fear of being sniped from them was present but not knowing if someone would pull up fought and won.

"You don't seem warm and protecting anymore Y/N, what's gotten into you?"

"Survival, haven't been able to take a break in years and my senses feel heightened from it. I treat everywhere as if it were trapped out of the wazoo. Almost lost some limbs, my head and my life from not constantly checking. Do you k ow what it's like to be hunted down?"

"Yes."

"When?"

"We were hunted somewhat in the night howler case." Your eye twitches at the words night howler. You had been heated then as well but didn't escape that time and were tortured for it.

"That is nothing. Try being hunted by assassins, the Government, other nations, gangs, PMCs,average people, police, anti-terrorist groups, terrorist cells, scientists, your friends, your family, even the creatures of the night seemed to hunt me. I have seen things no man should see. A wolf fifteen feet tall that ate whatever it wanted, what goes bump in the night, and other things that shouldn't be known. The continent is filled with inexplicable and explainable things. Hell, the reason I said scientists was because they wanted to either perform tests on me or do other things i wouldn't like to say. I only had help from the wolf and I feel he knew what I felt and was doing. I don't know all I know is someone just pulled up in a van and I'm about to flip." You look over at Nick and his eyes go wide. I hear the door handle jiggle a bit and I instantly am at the door with the end of the barrel resting on a small, cream colored fox. He slowly looks at me with eyes as big as dinner plates.

"Hey pal, put the gun down okay?"

"WHO THE FUCK IS THIS, I DON'T GET A ANSWER I BLOW HIS FUCKING BRAINS OUT!"

"Holy shit! He's a friend Y/N! Don't shoot him damn you!" You look from Nick and to this new guy who could be someone sent after you. You reset your grip on the revolver and don't put it down.

"He could be one of them! Fuck this, I'm out. Thought I might be able to trust you Nick but seems no one can be trusted now." Window, 10 feet, cars though. Check, take it now! You sprint at the window and bust it, you turn and stare at them. Nick is trying to grab you, Judy and the other guy are staring in shock at what's happening. You take a rappelling hook and stick it on the roof, the auto climbing piece instantly taking you up. Once on the roof you take the launcher and fire it at another building to use as a zip line. The roof access door bursts open and you take a quick shot at it, narrowly missing Nick. Fuck, couple inches off. Would've gotten em killed in my run. You waited too long and get tackled. You throw him off using your feet hearing the breath leave his lungs. Then the cream colored one yells something and rushes you. You merely grab him and use his momentum against him by accelerating him right into a recovering Nick. The rabbit is next and she is faster than the other two. She flies at you but she leaves her legs open and you round house sweep them and as she falls give her a boost down with your elbow. By now the other two have gotten up and surround you, Cornering you by the ledge and Judy joins them.