Bonding

You wake up feeling great! The past few intense days seeming like tiny bumps. You checked the date and realized it was your day off. "Sweet!" You were going to spend every moment of it with Nick, a day to connect more. It weirded you out that they finished training and stuff just before the actual officers day off but you didn't complain. Let's start by making him breakfast. Off to the kitchen it was. The stove was on and a pan set, the baking mix started, the waffle iron and griddle heated, bacon sizzling,eggs scrambling and wafting the breakfast scent throughout the apartment. 

"What are you making?"

"Breakfast Ms.Hopps. Is Mr.Wilde and Finnick up?"

"Finnick is, taking a shower and Nick is changing." The door opened not too long after, a loving voice flowing into your ears.

"Smells wonderful! What are you making Prince Charming?"

"Pancakes or waffles, bacon, eggs, and whatever else. What would you guys like in yours, as long as Judy has the ingredients I can make it."

"Surprise me my sweet."

"What about you Judy?"

"Same, want to let you be creative."

"Finnick?"

"I couldn't give a shit."

"Ok, my way then!" You grab all the sweet stuff you can and beat the eggs to a white. This helps make the waffles and pancakes fluffier. The buttermilk would add flavor and a certain quality to it. A bit of processed sugar and assorted fruits went in. Blueberries and a bit of orange to be exact. You specifically made Nicks have a hearts of strawberries surrounded by patters of blueberries just to add a special bit of love and care to it. Both foods came out golden and steaming, the syrup was added and they looked gorgeous. You had made half of everything, not knowing what they preferred. Half floppy and half hard bacon, half sunny and half scrambled eggs, half pancakes and half waffles. The plates were set down in front of them and they instantly set to work. You hoped they liked them, you felt you weren't exactly a master chef. You started to eat yours slowly and watched what they did. They seems to eat slowly as well, but not a bad slowly more of a enjoying slow. This gave you a bit of hope but continued eating.

"You'll have to cook more often, this so damn good Y/N," Finnick said as he went for the waffle.

"Yeah, Nick over here can't cook at all!"

"Hey! Better than Finnick!"

"Never really tried to cook so there hotshot!"

"Hey, stop fighting you guys. I can cook, it's fine. Gives me more of a chance to get creative, never had a chance before. Anyways, how about a day out Nick? Ha net had a day to ourselves have we?"

"Oh and we are haggis?"

"No, no, no, not at all. Just wanted to spend time with my boyfriend is all," I say with a bit of aggression and a glare.

"Sure Y/N, sounds fun!"

"Well let's plan it real quick, where do you want to go as I'm not exactly the 'fun' type."

"How about we walk around and just take in the beautiful city?"

"That's sounds nice, let's go!" You grab him and rush out he door, not caring about the plates. You step outside and take a deep breathe of the air, enjoying nature instead of using it. You grab his hand and start walking along the sidewalk, taking in the stores, bakery's, restraunts, gift shops, toy stores and whatever else is there. The sunshine feeling splendid on your fur, warming you and giving a peaceful feeling to everything. Flowers scents drifted through the air, filling your  one with all sorts of magical scents. It felt good to not be watching out for some guy around the corner with a rifle aimed at you. You put your arm around your lover and hold him close to you. His smooth and luscious fur sliding against your fluffy and shiny.