chapter 13 _ Night wedding

His vision was blurred. Yet he saw her. She walked towards him wearing her white wedding dress. He always dreamed his wedding with her. The moment he saw her first time he had fallen for her. For her smile, her courage.

Her smile made him happy. She slowly walked towards him. Her face was coming near to him.
He was in dream land. Else Cassie never come this closer. For a moment his hate vanished and he hoped this dream never ends.

His Cassandra ....

Cassie.... He called softly and trying to get closer.

Then he felt five fingers on cheeks and a burning pain. Ben now fully opened his eyes. It took him for a moment to realize Cassandra actually slapped him giving him a rude awaking from his La La land.

Cassandra was not a dream. But a reality that stood in front of him.
Yes. Cassandra stood in front of him. That too in white wedding dress. He was not dreaming.
His reality.

"Where was he? He was with Catharine talking about Cassie's secret that might actually save him. As he tried to recall more about the conversation his head hurt more.

Focus. Ben chanted.

Where is he now? He looked around. The place seemed familiar to him . Too familiar. He had been here before. And with blink of second he know the place.

Brimhood.....

He is at Brimhood.

And He is in Henry's room. Room looked same as last time. Nothing changed. Except his dear cousin is no more. But how the hell he reached here.
His last memory was he was with Catharine behind the bar. Cathy was about tell him something about Cassandra's s secret. That he don't have to marry her. But before knowing the information he was attacked.
He tried to get up. His head hurt like hell. He got smacked there. Slowly getting back to senses

How did he reach Brimhood. Where is Cathy? And what happened to her?

Questions like clouds blurred his thoughts. But answer stood in front of him.

Cassie..........

"Where is Cathy" he asked her.

"Cathy is where she belong. And that is not with you" Cassandra said hardly.

Before he could argue further he noticed Cassandra was really wearing a wedding gown.

"Why are wearing that dress " he asked confused.

"Because we are getting now" Cassandra said with smirk.

"No, way. I told you I will never marry you." Ben growled.
" You have no choice. Your family's future lies with me. "Cassie said warningly.

"I have if don't marry you will lose everything. Cassie. I know the dirty secret you and Winston hiding from me "Ben replied. First time he felt he had over witted Cassandra. She was speechless. In fact Cassandra was frozen. Sensing he hit the right arrow Ben said

"I know it Cassie. It is me who decides your fate. Not the other way around. "Ben bluffed twisting what he heard half-truth heard from Cathy. He hoped his arrow strikes at right point.

Greg Winston entered the room before Cassandra could say anything more.

"Get out of room Cassie. You have played enough. Now my turn" He ordered her. Surprisingly Cassandra left the room obeying him. His authority over Cassandra made him clinch. Ben felt a pang of jealously. They were close.

"I know what you know Hart. I know what you know and what you don't. Cassie may buy your bluff act not me. Because I know what Catharine actually knew? That information may useful to someone else. Not to you. I am not going to sugarcoat things. You are marrying Cassandra tonight. That is final."

"You can't just order me like that. Why it is necessary that I marry Cassandra. Henry has many other relatives who will happily marry Cassie and become duke of Brimhood. Why me" Benedict asked back.

"You are chosen because Henry wanted it. He considered you blood brother than a mere cousin. He wanted you to succeed him. He trusted you like no other. It is his last wish. Have you forgotten how Henry helped you when you are needed? How Henry covered up for you for your sins before your parents. How he blindly trusted you and given you everything even before you asked. Whenever you are in trouble you ran to your big Henny. How you are going to repay for all these. If an ounce of respect if left in your mind for your cousin you will obey his last wish."

Greg's word hit him in heart like sharp arrow which pierced his heart and mind.

He is bounded to Henry Lockhart.

With his life and soul. He will keep his promises and do his duty to his dead cousin.

"This may change your mind" Then Greg handed over Benedict a sealed letter.

This left by Henry to you. Read it and decide what you want. Ben slowly opened the letter. Handwriting belong to his cousin.

Hi Benny

If you are reading this then I am no more. They have finally succeeded in their mission.

But I am leaving many things incomplete which I want you finish if your vows as my blood brother is true.
Marry Cassandra because I know still you love her and look after my Benji.
Only you can be father to my Benji. He need a father.
Protect Cassandra and Benjamin.

Trust Greg as I trust him.

Take care of my Brimhood.It belong you only.

Your Big Henny

It was blackmail.........

Letter was indeed written by Henry. Nobody called him Benny but his dear brother. He had duties to Henry. How can he forgot it?

Benedict finally opened his mouth and said "I will marry Cassandra"

Benedict had many questions to Greg Winston. But tonight he will obey Henry's wises. Even that mean he had to burn himself in Cassie's revenge. For Henry he was ready for that. He looked Greg Winston Who now calmed down bit and said

"You have marry Cassandra tonight. And take charge of next duke of Brimhood tomorrow morning. This place finally gets its master."

"As you say Mr. Winston" Ben replied monotonously. As he walked outside with Greg Winston to Brimhood family chapel, everything was ready. His family, Servants of Brimhood and his bride.

An eagerly waiting priest announced "So let's begin the ceremony..."

For Henry.

For Brimhood.

For Benjimin

And lastly for her ...........

His Cassandra.....

This Chapter may sound Benedict is sacrificing. But Actually it is going to be his first step to rude awakening he is going to have. This chapter is needed to continue the plot.