Chapter 18 - Unexpected Guest

I know lot of people hate Benedict. Because his character is weak.
But my question if we can accept weak female protagonist and strong bad boy male protagonist then why can't weak male protagonist and a strong woman
But again he will raise and shine.
Every story had two sides. Soon Benedict truth will be out.

There was a pregnant pause in the air as Cassandra and Benedict back to the ball. Cassandra felt something wrong. Her guests looked emotionless. As they together descended the steps Cassandra saw her guests formed a circle and middle of that a woman is crying. And man with a ugly scar is laughing madly.

The woman was Beatrice..........

Her sister in law.............

Benedict ran to his sister and wrapped in his protective arms. Cassandra saw for a moment Beatrice felt safe in her brother's arms but tears rolled from her red cheeks. Cassandra was sure someone slapped her. And man who now stopped laughing looked at brother sister due like hawk. Even though he was wearing decent cloths, His facial feathers yelled cruelty. His eyes were full of greed and lust. Cassandra averted her eyes distantly.

Who is this man, whose presence has brought negative energy to her home? Cassandra thought.

Beatrice was sobbing. Her lips were bleeding. Benedict held his sister closely. Cassandra tried hard to control her anger. But time had thought her to be calm and don't lose temper.

"No one dared to do such things in Brimhood".

"What are you doing here Harrison" Benedict asked angrily.

"This is not a way to treat an important guest like me. Isn't my lady" He came closer to Cassandra and kissed her hand gently. Cassandra can see his eyes were raping her. She took back her hands immediately as if bitten by a viper.

"Don't react" Cassandra chanted in mind.

Andrew Harrison stood there with a smug look.

"Your importance is decided by me. No one hurt my family. That too in my house, in front of my guests" Cassandra said warningly.

"I am family. Your grace, you heard it right Duchess. I am son in law of Hart family. Andrew Harrison, Viscount of Denshire. I am Beatrice's husband. Andrew Harrison proudly introduced himself.

"You may be related to Hart family. But that does not give you right to abuse woman under my roof."

"I am sorry your grace. I am here to meet my wife and congratulate my brother in law for marriage. I saw my wife is talking other man flirting manner. And I could not control my anger." I apologize for my behavior.

Cassandra sensed the lies in Harrison's eyes. She had seen many like him. She also watched Andrew Harrison's greedy eyes which are busy in calculating the wealth of Brimhood.

"He is lying; My Bea would never do that. She not that kind of woman" Benedict said angrily.

"Really, Your grace, Do you want me to explain your sister's escapades to all of your guests" Andrew Harrison threatened.
Benedict felt he should wipe that smile. As he moved forward to fight Andrew for his sister, Cassandra acted faster than him.
"Dennis, escort Mr. Harrison to our special room. He is our esteemed guest. "Cassandra ordered to her footman.
"Yes your Grace." A footman bowed his head and said.

You know how to treat your guests. Unlike your new in laws. He said taunting towards Hart family. Mary Hart looked grim.

Cassandra sighed. She held Benedicts hand said

" Let the ball over and we will handle Harrison issue. This is your first appearance as Duke. Don't ruin it. Beatrice will be fine" Her words were calm and cold. Benedict felt a dangerous promise in Cassandra's words. Same vibe he got from her when they were together.
Soon the ball over and guest began to disperse slowly. When the last guest departed from Brimhood .

Hart family looked sad and pale. Beatrice stopped crying but her eyes were still full. Mary Hart and Bianca sat both side of her consoling her. Benedict roamed restless in room. But Cassandra and Gregory Winston acted as if nothing happened which irritated Benedict. One question blasted his mind. What Gregory Winston doing here. Before he could ask that question he heard Cassandra's voice.

"Bring him." She ordered.

Four men dragged Andrew Harrison to room.

To everyone surprise he was beaten to black and blue. Except Gregory Winston all looked shocked including Benedict. Blood was oozed from his body parts. But he was still conscious.

"Duchess you don't know well. You will pay for this. She will pay for this. "He yelled.
Beatrice looked more frightened with threats. Her body was shaking with fear.

"Is it so Harrison? One thing you forgot is this is Brimhood not Hart household where your threats work on people. You need a lesson to treat woman well. Today is the day you will never forget. I will make sure of that. You always remember the punishment I giving to you "

"Beatrice please comes forward. " Cassandra again ordered.

As Beatrice came forward Cassandra handed over wipe to her.

"Beat him till all your anger and frustrations flow out like river"

Beatrice did not move. "Nothing will happen to Beatrice. Me and your brother is here. We will protect you. This is your chance and choice. You are not weak. Think of all abuse he had done to you and Lisbeth" Cassandra consoled her.

"But he is weak now. You made him weak for me. Once he gets back, he will hunt me." Beatrice said fearfully.

"For once, for Lisbeth, For yourself take a stand, He is still conscious. He had aware who is beating him. Do It Bea" Cassandra advised her.

Beatrice with shivering hands took that. Benedict never his sister depressed so much anger in her.

Beatrice face become strained. With all force Beatrice began to beat her husband. Andrew Harrison yelled in pain for every hit .Beatrice's anger was in full mode. It was payback time for her. Half and hour latter Beatrice sat on chair tried.

A half unconscious Andrew Harrison lay on ground bleeding. Whole family watched with horror what was happening before them. Yet nobody stopped Beatrice. Mary Hart was silent as well as guilty. Her eyes showed that. Benedict too watched emotionlessly as his so called brother in law got beaten"

"How long does it ready divorce papers Mar Winston "Cassandra asked Gregory Winston.

As soon as possible, Your Grace" He replied.

"Good, till then let him rot dungeons. Soon Beatrice will be a free woman. "

Benedict watched Cassandra with admiration. Can a woman this strong. As Gregory Winston walked outside Benedict ran behind him.

"What you want, Your Grace" He asked to Benedict

"Today Cassandra just amazed me. She really beyond her haltered and stood for my sister. What made her this strong?"

"Your betrayals"Gregory answered in one word.

"What happened when I left her?" Benedict finally asked.

"It's Cassandra tale to tell. Not mine"

" One more question ."

"Who are you to Cassandra Lockhart? Mr. Winston. "

Greg smiled and said.

"The day you know what really I am to Cassandra. you won't be needing me anymore."

Two questions to my readers

Did I make Cassandra too strong?

Who is Gregory Winston....................