Chapter 22- Game of honor

Thank you all for comments and votes... Thank you for the encouragement you all give me. Shonali15 this for you.

"I choose Cassandra"

Benedict's words surprised all, including Cassandra. She looked at him with a smile. For once she was happy that Benedict chooses love over his so called honor. Unlike first time were choosing to ran away in the name of it. Benedict words lacked sympathy. In fact he sounded he decided to fight against accusations.

"My daughter will be ruined." Clarisse cried.

"That she must had have been thought before pulling the stunt. I am a married man. That is to her sister. I don't care whether Cassandra believes me or not. I know I have not done anything wrong and this time I am not bending. Call me selfish, anything whatever you want. But I am not committing another mistake. You should have put water on her revenge Clarisse." Benedict said harshly.

"No one will marry her. I know what she had committed son. But her future is dark. Her honor is at stake. This scandal will ruin completely. She will be called characterless."Clarisse begged.

But this time Benedict decided not to bend. Not again fall for Clarisse's words of pity.

"I am bounded to Cassandra whether she like it or not. Catharine can be my untouched mistress, but not wife. I am ready to face any scandal in the name of it. I may be honor less man, but not unfaithful husband. I am not leaving Cassandra this time at any cost." His words were as hard as rock.

"Don't be so cruel Benedict. Have some honor and sympathy on us. Catharine acted in impulse. Cassandra has money and power. But Catharine will be doomed "Clarisse again pleaded.

"I once had all. But that ruined my happiness in the name of honor. Why should I suffer all time? This time I am not bending. Cynthia was different case. At least she is not cunning like Catharine. My wife is Cassandra and I love her. I Benedict declared. "

"Don't beg Clarisse Greene. I think you heard what my husband said. "This time Cassandra was back in her old self.

The calm and cold attitude which gives chills to her opponents.

"How can you so cruel. You are not like that. Have mercy on us Cassie. Catharine is your sister"

"I have mercy. But to those who deserve it. Not for the lying conniving sister who wants to snatch my husband in her fake game. You are still blind mother, as you were blind for Cynthia. Why it happened to me who always thought Catharine as my little sister not her, and always wanted to snatch what is mine. My little Cathy was much better that." Cassandra said in strained voice.

"It was you made me like this .Not mother. You are the most beautiful among us. I had grown up always wanting to be like you. You can get any suitor of any rank. But when Cynthia married Benedict, the man you love, you blamed us. It may be mother's mistake. But I didn't do anything. Why you punish me. If you still consider me as your little sister then why suffered along with mother. You have thrown us out of our own home. You took every penny in the name of our dead father. You left us with nothing. You knew mother was sick. Yet you didn't show any mercy. I was forced to work as man in local bar because no one will hire me even as maid just because I am your sister. You made sure I should be out of job and out suitors too. My blood boils. I wanted your down fall Cassandra and I will continue to do that till I achieve it"

Catharine breathed fire

"Are you done, Catharine? Even in at most poverty Clarisse Greene choose to suffer than finding an easy way out. Just like she done to me. At least she still loves you. You are lucky Catharine that she still mother to you" Cassandra said grimly.

"I am your mother too, Cassandra. " Clarisse said with tears.

"Don't ever say that. You lose that right long back" Cassandra warned sharply.

"Stop frightening my mother. She cries every day for you. She worries every day for you. It was you who are blind not her. Why do you hate her so much? She had only loved you nothing else. She loved you more than me and Cynthia. Have you forgotten it was you whom she takes to balls. It was you got new gowns not Cynthia. You can't tolerate only happiness of Cynthia. Mother always wanted you to be best. Prove it otherwise"

Catharine challenged her sister.

"I know you want revenge Cathy. But you don't know what made me this cruel to you. After I tell you my truth, keep your mind and heart strong to bear your mother's ugly truth"
.
"No Cassie." Clarisse wanted to stop Cassandra.

"Let her spill her truth. I will always stand by you" Catharine said putting her hands on Clarisse's shoulder.

"Let her know her mother's true face. She might not hate you as much I do, because she is your own blood, unlike me. Blood is always thicker than water. One day truth has to come out any day "

Every eye was on Cassandra. Except Clarisse who looked down with a failed face.

Well what next.......

See you on next update .........