Chapter 33_ Game of death

But he never came. Donovan was snatched from her body.

As Cassandra opened her eyes she saw Benedict holding Donovan tightly along with Johnny.

"If ever dare touch her Donovan I will make sure you will never use your hands again."

"Jon, You traitor you betrayed me after all thing I done for you. You will also pay" Donovan yelled.

"I was once failed protect the woman I loved. This time I am with right. I didn't drug Hart. I already told him it was you behind all conspiracy. But we were not aware of your partner. I want the person who ruined Cynthia" Johnny snapped back.

"Then be it . After killing you I will have her. I am good enough for you two" Donovan shouted making himself free from Benedict's clutches. He was ready to fight. Donovan was a well built man. Benedict knew his former commander can handle more than two men. And he fights dirty too.

" Jon, Take left and I right. We need to catch him round and tie him. If he was given more time he will overpower us." Johnny nodded. They both positioned themselves on either side.

Donavon laughed as both Johnny and Benedict ran towards him two directions to confuse him. But Donovan fast to avoid them both simultaneously. He quickly smashed Jonny into wall and got Benedict's head in arms. Benedict struggled to get breath in. Donovan then tossed Benedict into ground.

" I told you I am more than enough for both of you, Who is next ?"Donovan challenged them both.

Johnny came forward Donovan like a seasoned warrior caught his arms to back and smashed his head to wall and let him bleed And then walked towards Benedict who slowly stood up from ground. Benedict was better than Johnny. Both of them fight with bare arms. Benedict contradicted Donovan's every move cleverly. But Donovon was not letting Benedict win.

"You can't kill him. Then Catharine will never be duchess". Clarisse said from afar.

Benedict looked at Clarisse disgustingly. It was a moment of distraction for Donovan and Benedict was quick to free himself from him.

"You fooled me mother in law. I trusted you, trusted you more than my Cassie. Now I regret that falling for your words." Cassandra felt Benedict's pain of losing trust. She too never believed Clarisse was capable of such thing until now.

"You killed Cynthia too Donovan. I knew it was you. You left your signature there."

"Johnny" Benedict called. Both men looked each other and shared a meaningful eye lock. Together they rushed towards Donovan and pushed him through Window. It was an unexpected move. He fell down. Donovan lied lifeless in the ground. He was bleeding and taking breathing with difficulty.

"Is he dead" Benedict asked as he looked on.

"Not yet. But soon" Johnny replied.

"Benedict, You are bleeding" Cassandra said panic.

"I know, I got hurt in fighting with Donovan" Benedict replied."

"It was not what I mean. You have been stabbed "Cassandra said in fear.

"Shit. Donovan's Poison knives............" Johnny said as recognized the Donovan's signature weapon.

"It was poison wrapped. An East Asian poison. We need to get help soon." Jonny said looking at bluish color slowly spreading around the wound.

"I feel dizzy" Benedict said and fell down.

Then Cassandra heard a Gunshot just behind her. She saw Clarisse's lifeless body fell on her feet. But someone shot her from back. Clarisse was holding a gun with intention to shoot her . But somebody saved her from Clarisse.

It was Catharine,

"Cynthia and Cassandra may not be your daughters. But they are my sisters who brought me up. I will always be there little doll. And I will avenge them. You deserve death mother" Catharine's voice was cold and hard. There was not a single tear in Catharine's eyes and she showed no remorse either.

"Cathy" Cassandra held her sobbing sister .

"I killed her Cassie. She deserves to die after what she done to you and Cynthia. " Catharine ranted like a child and began to cry.

Cassandra at the moment was lost. Her senses are not any more working. She closed her eyes. She needs to stay calm. Cassandra tried to take heavy breaths to calm her down. She still had many things to take care.

She saw Gregory rushed inside with help and an apologetically at her. Cassandra sighed in relief finally seeing him.........

Doctor examined Benedict and immediately give antidote.

" It is a rare poison. But we have cure. It is going to take some time to your grace finally recover. There are going to side effects which we can't predict now. Only time will heal him fully."

Cassandra watched servants take Benedict to his room. She could not decipher her own feelings. Whether she should be happy that finally everything was over or her new battles have began......

But she knew that she can't loose courage.....................