Chapter 30_Aftermath of Truth

I was overwhelmed by all the comments I get. Thank you all for the comments. I have planned the last chapters in different way but now it will travel in another track. It is readers who decide writer's mind. You all are influenced me to rewrite what i have planned earlier.

Cassandra was shocked at the moment. She held the wooden table nearby not fall down.

It was true Cassandra hated Cynthia for snatching Benedict from her. But she never wanted Cynthia dead because she deserved better. The news of her murder really unsettled Cassandra. Even for her worst enemies she didn't such fate. Cassandra too wanted Cynthia to be happy in her life.

"I found her pool of blood and little Amy crying near her corpse on my return to home. At first it looked like a robbery as wedding ring and gold chain were missing. But something told me otherwise. There was someone who wants her dead. Her clothes were thorn showing the signs of struggle and her eyes were wide open. It showed panic and fear. As if she had seen a ghost. I am sure it was him."

"Who?" Cassandra asked as she couldn't contain her anxiety.

"Her abuser, whom she have feared always." Benedict replied.

Benedict, did Cynthia ever named Jonny who abused her" Cassandra asked suddenly.

"No, But whoever it was she was very much terrified of it. I always felt whoever abused is same person behind your ruin too. Both seemed to be connected."

"Then, he can't Jonny" Cassandra said firmly.

"Because he is your cousin" Benedict asked back.

"No"............

"Then" Benedict waited for the answer.

"If Cynthia was really raped then, it can't be my cousin..........."

"Why" Ben asked.

Because he was your cousin

No..............

"Because Johnny and Cynthia loved each other and going to be married soon."

Say once again........" Benedict felt someone poured cold water on him.

"Yes Benedict, they were lovers. Cousin Johnny influenced Cynthia too much. I once found them in a compromising position. He loved her so much. She said she loved him and they are going to elope. I knew my step mother would never agree such a union because Johnny was criminal. But he promised he will leave everything for her. But she suddenly married you I was surprised. How people you and Cynthia madly in love with other people got married. How easily she forgot him and ran away with you.

"Cassandra, I knew Cynthia never loved me. I was just her escape route." Cassandra felt Benedict's voice was strained at the moment. She knew well it was hard when you do so much for a person and get nothing in return. It was really payback. Cassandra wanted to laugh that even after all sacrifices he had done for Cynthia she never loved him back.

"I know, it is not easy to forgive me. But that moment I did what thought right. Cynthia said someone wants to kill her and child. She begged me to save them. She was desperate. She never told me about her love life. One thing I agree with Clarisse. She feared someone deadly and made her insane. She had nightmares. She was well aware I was love with you. She was guilty of her actions. But she was selfish for her own child's safety"

Cassandra said " I always loved Cynthia. She had gone through same as I had gone. Thank you for being with her. "

"You forgive Cynthia." Ben asked surprisingly.

"Yes. It was useless to hold grudge against the dead person" Cassandra was not sure what Cynthia got is what she deserve for betraying her or simply her fate.

" But not you Captain Hart, Cynthia has reasons to be selfish, not you. You made your choices your own. So earn your place in my heart. Your reasons are somehow not good enough for me."

Cassandra heard Benedict retreating silently. She knew she was hard. But If Benedict truly want to be with her he had to go long way. Let his actions prove he is really changed.

After some time Cassandra slowly came outside her room. Mansion was unusually quite. Which was strange?

Something was not right. Cassandra's instants shouted at her.

"Where are servants..." She wondered.

As she walked down her feet hit on something hard.

It looked like person ........

"What the........"

Cassandra looked at the person lying down .

It was Benedict .............

Lying unconscious on floor.............