The Past

|Faye POV|

As soon as Luke closed the door, I ran and ran until my legs were aching. I know Luke is trying to protect me, but my mum means a lot to me whether she's hurt me or not. She's my mum and I need to be with her.
I shuffled my bag on to my other shoulder and continued walking along the pavement, getting caught up in my thoughts. Cars passing by, beeping, people waving. Nobody I knew so I just ignored them. These houses don't seen as familiar to me as they used to, but I recognise my house out of them all. The only way to tell that it's my house, is because it has marks on the side of it whereas the others are pristine clean. I slowly walked up the driveway to my 'house', clutching my bag tighter the closer I got. All of the curtains were closed, all the windows closed. As I reached the door, I stared at it remembering the past. When I was a little girl, taking my first steps here, talking my first words here, the smile on my mum's face. All the things that happened in this house, I'm about to return but it's all changed. Especially when I left, it was completely different.
I grabbed my keys out of my bag and entered it into the lock for the first time in a long while. I twisted the key and heard the lock unbolt. I slightly pushed open the door and the silence hit me like a ton of bricks. I walked in and dropped my bag quietly on the wooden floor. I looked around, things are still the same. Cracked pictures, broken glass and smashed windows at the back. Home sweet home.
There's creaking upstairs, I know it's my mum, because she's the only person that lives here apart from me. I heard a door open and close and footsteps coming to the top of the stairs. I looked up expecting to see my mum but it wasn't. It was a man. "Hello?" the man questioned me "hi" I mumbled "who are you?" "Faye, who are you?" the man looked shocked, like he'd just seen a ghost. He walked down the stairs and looked at me. "You're beautiful, just like I'd imagined you to be" he put his hand on my cheek and rubbed it, I slapped it away "what the fuck are you doing?" I raised my voice slightly "Faye" he paused "I'm your Father"