Chapter 19

SHAY'S POV:

I walked into my house and put my purse down on the kitchen island. I grabbed my phone out of it and made my way upstairs to my bedroom.

When I reached my bedroom I slipped off my high heels and set them aside. I was about to start unbuttoning my shirt when my phone started to ring. There's one person I wish it was. Harry. I grabbed my phone and looked at the caller ID. Please be Harry, please be Harry, my subconscious begged. But it wasn't, it was my mom. Not that I didn't want to talk to her, I just wish it was Harry. Oh well.

"Hello?"

"Hi sweetheart how are you?"

"I'm good mom, how are you? How's Jade?"

"I'm doing pretty well and Jade is her normal self. Where are you now? I haven't heard from you in a couple of days, so that's why I decided to call you." My mom is seriously the cutest, I love her. She always tries her best to check up on me as much as she possibly can. I love when she does.

"Well, I actually am now living in a duplex in California." That's all I said because I wanted to give her time to process it.

"Oh, wow. That's really far away. Well I am happy for you. How is it there? How's the weather?" Deep down inside I secretly felt really bad when mom briefly mentioned how far away I really was from home-I mean my home when I was little. This is my new home now.

"It's so nice here, I love it so far. I have only been here for around three days now, but from what I have seen so far I really like it. Plus, the weather here is so nice too. I also heard that the beaches here are really nice too. "

"That's good to hear. Are you all settled in now?"

"Basically, I mean I just have little things here and there to still put away, but other than that no. I actually got some help from my one of my neighbors that live next to me."

"What do you mean by one of your neighbors?"

"I haha, I live next to 5 boys who are from England and one of them is from Ireland."

"Oh gosh dear. Try and be safe please, for me. Don't get in any trouble early. I trust you not to just not all of those boys."

"I am safe mom. They all are so nice. Actually, have you ever heard of the band 'One Direction?"

"Uh, yes. I think, but only small things. Why?"

"Well, that's who they are. There names are Liam, Louis, Zayn, Harry and Niall. There all very charming and I wouldn't want to forget they all are very attractive but while were on that topic, I have to tell you something."

"What is it dear?"

"I'm dating Harry. Harry Styles."

"Omg! I'm so happy for you honey! How did it happen? How did he ask you?"

"Well it's actually kind of a long story."

"I've got time. Explain."

I went on to tell my mom how me and Harry had met at that one hotel in Arkansas one night and then just kept running into each other from then on out. I also told her about our date we went on to a secluded and intimate dinner and then to the park where we watched the stars. She thought that was so romantic and thoughtful of him, I agreed. She was bugging me for exactly how he asked me and I told her how we were watching the stars and how I was saying how beautiful they were and he said I was the same. All I heard on the other side of the phone was "awe's" I swear. Mom said that she swears that we met my fate, like fate was trying to bring us together again. I never even thought about that at all. But she does make a good point, I mean seeing somebody three times in one week, it's kind of weird. Though, in the end I'm over the moon happy about the outcome of it all.