Chapter Five

Let's go back to Midoriya's point of view from earlier in the day.

After a few days of stalking Uraraka, Iida, Bakugo, and Todoroki, Midoriya picked up some useful information. Uraraka and Iida were planning on inviting Todoroki for ice cream. That was the perfect time to form an attack.

This is why Midoriya was standing in his small room and staring down at his costume while the other three were eating their frozen treat. Midoriya couldn't remember what ice-cream tasted like but all of his memories of it seemed positive so he assumed it tasted good.

You see, Midoriya had a plan. It wasn't the best plan, but it was a plan nonetheless. Deku figured it was better than nothing. But for now, I will leave you to guess the plan so I can continue with the story. You can find out the rest later.

Midoriya, figuring if he didn't hurry he might lose his targets, got dressed as quick as he could. He could feel his stomach turning in circles.

What if my plan doesn't work? He thought. What if I only ruin things even more?

A voice responded to Midoriya's thoughts.

You will obviously fail. It said. You are nothing but a failure, all you will accomplish in this plan is the death of your mother and the rest of Japan. You should just give up already.

Midoriya sighed, grapping his belt of newly acquired weapons that consisted of bombs, knives, and a single gun. Look, I know you're not a fan of me and all, but can't you at least pretend you tolerate me?

No can do, kiddo. My purpose is to make you as miserable and evil as I possibly can. Hey, remember Bakugo? We should kill him first. I never liked him anyways.

Midoriya shoved the voice out of his head and fastened his belt.

That voice was the demon I told you about earlier. It lived in Midoriya's head, spouting suggestions of murder and evil since the day his Quirk awakened and it was slowly driving Midoriya insane.

Let me try to describe it better. It's like, peer pressure, you know? After a while of constant pressure from the people around you on a daily basis, you tend to do what they say, if only to fit in. However, unlike peer pressure, Midoriya had this voice in his head 24/7 with no escape. It was true torture. Midoriya actually found himself swayed by the voice sometimes, ready to do it's bidding.

He felt sick to his stomach whenever he thought of what he has almost been tricked into doing. They were all sorts of crimes, ranging from shoplifting to robbery to ... murder.

And he had almost done each of those. Of his own will. But this time, it was different. This time he was assigned to do it by his superiors. He had to.

Sighing, his stomach swirling with guilt and sickness slowly eating away at his insides, Midoriya stood up and walked out. He was ready to do what was necessary.

After a few minutes of plotting his course, Midoriya found his targets.

Uraraka, Iida, and Todoroki were all walking together, down the street, Uraraka and Iida dominating most of the conversation. All Todoroki did was walk in silence, nodding his head occasionally to show that he was listening. Midoriya felt a pang in his chest. A long time ago, he used to be the one walking with them. He used to join in on the conversation and talk with his friends about whatever it was they may have been talking about at the time. But now, he's no longer there. Midoriya is no longer a part of their group and they are just carrying on as though he never existed! As though he didn't matter. Heck, they even replaced him with Todoroki. Midoriya thought for a second before coming to a realization.