Chapter Seven

When Midoriya awoke, his first thought was something I wish I think every time I wake up. Unfortunately, my roommate sucks at cooking. 

Is that bacon? He wondered. See? Told you so. Who doesn't wish that they smelled bacon first thing in the morning? 

I haven't had bacon in years. That was a more... depressing thought. 

Midoriya slowly sat up and looked around, realizing that he was not anywhere familiar. The room consistently kept up with it's traditional Japanese style, leaving little to no room for the much more common western style. In my personal opinion, traditional Japanese is much more interesting and a much more valid choice. However, since it appears the majority of people don't agree with me, all I can do is say each to their own. 

Luckily, before Midoriya could freak out and react to his alien surroundings, Todoroki walking into the room. In his hands was a tray laden with common western breakfast foods. There were waffles, bacon, scrambled eggs, toast, hashbrowns, and even three different types of jams! Midoriya was in heaven. He had not tasted any of that food in an extremely long time. 

"Oh good," Todoroki said, lying the tray on the bedside table next to the futon, "I got bored while you were asleep so I decided to make you food. You look like you need it." Midoriya scanned the tray once more. There was so much food on there it looked like Midoriya would have to eat it for both breakfast and lunch. 

Todoroki awkwardly laughed, scratching the back of his head. "I might have gotten a little bit carried away." 

Midoriya smiled. "Don't worry about it. Nobody has ever done something like this for me in a long time. Thank you, Todoroki." The young villain's smile was truly a happy smile, although there was just a small tint of nostalgia and sadness. It was one Todoroki was not bound to forget anytime soon. 

Three minutes later, the entire tray of food was gone.

Todoroki stared at Midoriya in astonishment, his face was one of true awe and respect. Midoriya on the other hand, was slightly embarassed.

"Sorry," He said, his cheeks dusted light pink, something Todoroki found himself liking quite a bit, "I guess I was more hungry than I thought."

"Don't worry about it." Todoroki shrugged. "At least someone likes my cooking."

Midoriya perked up, nodding his head with excitement as though he was a young child yet again. "Of course! It was really good! How did you learn to cook like that?"

"Well, when your father is gone all the time and you don't exactly have anyone else home to take care of you, you tend to learn how to take care of yourself."

"Oh," The freckled villain frowned, "well if you ever want someone around, just ask me, I guess." 

It took Midoriya a moment to register what he had offered, but once he processed everything, his face seemed to explode with color. 

Todoroki simply smiled and nodded his head.

"Well, I have to get going." Todoroki said after a moment. "If you need to shower, I have left some clothes on the dresser next to you. They are the smallest I could find, so I apologize if they do not fit you properly. I'll be back soon, feel free to make yourself a home."

"Mhm!" Midoriya looked to Todoroki and beamed. This was the happiest he had ever been in a while and it was certainly refreshing. 

Todoroki turned and walked out of the room. Right before he reached the door however, Midoriya called out.

"Oh, Todoroki?" The hero turned.

"Thank you."

Todoroki nodded at Midoriya and then proceeded to leave. As he exited the room, he could feel something familiar begin to grow in the pit of his stomach. It was a feeling he hadn't felt in a long time. He didn't know what it was, all he knew was that it disappeared at the same time as Midoriya. Somehow, it seemed to have returned.

Back to Midoriya, who resided in the bedroom, our young protagonist was somewhat frightened. As soon as Todoroki had left the room, the voice in his head had reappeared. 

So, who is that young man? It asked. Oh, I know! He's Endeavor's son! We should kill him now! He's certainly a prize catch.

It seems as though its new target was Todoroki.