Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter 24 Recap:

"Whoa there, young man. Are you okay? You've been standing here for quite a while staring."

Izuku was shocked out of his analytical state of mind. He needed to come up with an excuse and fast.

"Oh yes I was just trying to choose between these two noteboo-" Izuku turned around.

Drooping blonde hair: check. A malnourished frame: check. Baggy clothes: check. Piercing blue eyes: check. A bright smile that could calm even the most terrified of people: check.

This was the first time in his life that looking at All Might's smile scared Izuku.
••••••••••••••••••••

Izuku Midoriya's mind was literally running a mile a minute.

What to do? What to do? What to do? What to do? What to do? What to do? What to do? What to do? What to do? What to do? What to do? What to do? What to do? What to do? What to do?What to do? What to do? What to do? What to do? What to do? What to do? What to do? What to do? What to do?

The poor teenage boy had short circuited. His head was running in circles. He was mentally flopping around like a dead fish. Izuku's metal capacity had maxed-

"Are you alright, young man?"

Izuku realized he had just spent the last two minutes staring blankly at the skinny, slouched figure before him. Well, what a great way to keep inconspicuous.

"Young man?" All Might waved his hand in front of the young teen boy's face.

"I- I- You- All Might-" I think it's safe to say that this kid was a right up mess.

All Might had a look of slight surprise before he remembered. It was still difficult for him to wrap his head around the fact that One for All had left Toshinori for good. And now, his successor was using that power for evil. Luckily, the public didn't know the truth about the villain Deku's quirk, otherwise Japan would be in a state of panic.

"That's all in the past, my boy. I'm flattered you can still recognize me though, that's a miracle in and of itself." The old man yanked on one of the strands of hair that covered his face. It was a nervous tick he was trying to get over. "You appear to be conflicted about which notebook to get. May I offer you some advice? "

Izuku, very confused about why the world kept being so cruel to him and still in a state of shock, simply nodded.

"Young man, I find heroes to be inspirational people whose job is to keep the public happy and safe. It's one of the reasons I became a hero in the first place. Having a journal with inspirational people on it can do wonders. Trust me, I've tried it. Also, that's one of my best photos," Toshinori said with a laugh.

Izuku tried a faint chuckle before nodding. "Yeah, o-okay. Thank you, All Might, sir. Thank you for everything."

"Don't worry, my boy. It's just a notebook."

Izuku was desperate all of a sudden to convey his gratitude to this old man who had been a mentor to him.

"No, you did so much more than that. Thank you, All Might. Thanks iu for everything. Thank you for reaching me what it means to be a hero." Izuku placed the plain notebook back on the shelf and gripped the All Might one tightly in his arms. "I'm so sorry I disappointed you."

And with those final words of parting, Izuku raced out of the store, placing the designated amount of money on the cashier's desk before disappearing from the old man's view.

"Hmm, weird kid." All Might sighed before going about his business. What was next on Inko's shopping list? Ah right, paper towels.

••••••••••••••••••••

Izuku ran from that store as fast as he could. How many more people would he run into? How many more of his friends would he have to indirectly apologize to? Izuku was starting to feel that maybe it would be best to simply shut himself in Todoroki's home. Then he wouldn't have to face the consequences of his actions at every turn.

Finally, the disguised villain reached the home which he had lived in for the past week. Todoroki was reading in the living room and looked up from his book as soon as Midoriya walked in. He was wearing glasses, something that Izuku found extremely endearing for some reason. He couldn't really say why his heart squeezed the slightest bit. Maybe he was getting sick.

"Are you okay?" Todoroki slipped his glasses of his face and laid them gently on the coffee table in front of the couch. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

"I... Yeah, I'm fine. I just need a moment." Izuku breathed in heavily, leaning in the doorway.

Ooh, what have we here?

The unpleasant voice in Midoriya's head returned.

None of your business, Izuku responded internally.

Tsk, tsk, so touchy. You know, why don't you just kill this guy already? He is one of your targets after all, and it's only a matter of time until THEY find you again.

The young villain growled, None of your business.

My my, the voice continued, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Wait, don't tell me, you want to keep this boy for yourself? I can't blame you, he is a rather attractive fellow. Attractive people do look better when you are ripping the life out of them. There is just something about it that- The voice was interrupted.

LEAVE. HIM. ALONE.

The voice was silent for a moment. Then Midoriya felt something equal parts curious and disgusting in his mind. It was almost as though the demon was smirking.

I see. You have feelings for him.

Izuku was shocked into silence. What? That wasn't possible. Feelings for Todoroki? Izuku was just grateful that Todoroki was being so kind, is all. There was nothing else involved.

Was there?

No, I don't. The young villain sat down in order to keep himself from falling over. Stop making things up.

But the voice was gone.

______________________________________

Time for the question!

Q: What is your dream pet? (It doesn't have to be real)