Chapter 18

Pardon me once again for that abrupt end. I had some... Exciting business to attend to. However, that's a story for another time.

Let's just say, the ending of this particular story, may have changed drastically.

Anywho.

Here we have reached our second miracle of the day.

Izuku Midoriya, upon witnessing the extremely rare yet charismatic and childlike laugh of Shouto Todoroki, had stopped talking.

Izuku stood in a stunned and awed silence as he watched the usually stoic Todoroki laugh. It was a beautiful sight, one that not many people were privy to. If I remember correctly, only two people had been allowed to see that laugh back then. And one of them had tragically passed.

I know, I know, I always seem to find some way to kill the mood, but I can't help it. It's just a part of who I am. Sorry.

Todoroki had been laughing for a moment or two before he realized that Midoriya had stopped talking and was kind of just staring. Like, really intensely. You know those times when you see something truly amazing, like a kitten, or a bowl of cold soba, and all you do is stare at it because you don't want it to go away? It was that kind of staring.

I don't know if you've ever been in that kind of situation before, but let me tell you, it can get awkward.

"Midoriya?" The heterochromatic eyed boy asked.

There was no response. Just more intense staring.

"... Midoriya?"

Todoroki had now memorized the color of Midoriya's eyes due to how long he had been staring. Seriously, does that kid ever blink?

"Midoriya."

His eyes were really pretty. Emeralds couldn't even compare to how bright and green Midoriya's eyes were.

"I just killed someone."

This is kinda awkward to write, you know.

"Wanna help me hide the body?"

Still nothing.

"All Might sucks."

Ah, there we go. That worked.

Izuku Midoriya's eyes narrowed as his body jolted, bringing the young man back into the real world.

"What?! Are you crazy?! All Might is the Symbol of Peace and the best hero of all time! No other hero compares! You seriously can't mean that, I mean- I mean..."

Izuku stopped, seeing the amused expression on the face of the hero standing across from him.

"You did that on purpose, didn't you?" The young villain accused.

"Yes."

"You're a jerk you know that?"

"Yes."

"All Might is the best hero out there."

"Yes."

Todoroki smiled as Izuku pouted.

"It's good to have you back." Todoroki said, placing a hand on Midoriya's shoulder before heading into the kitchen, gently pushing Midoriya out into the dining room.

"Oh and one more thing," Todoroki spoke as he popped up from behind the door frame, "don't take this personally, but try not to cook without supervision."

Luckily, the taller boy had managed to remain oblivious to the furious red color dominating Izuku's face.

••••••••••••••••••••

Later that evening, while Todoroki was cooking dinner and Midoriya's face had calmed down, a loud ping had sounded from the young greenette's phone.

Mom

Hello! This is Inko Midoriya from earlier today! I was wondering if you could come by tomorrow and help me with some cleaning? It would be very helpful, and I would greatly appreciate some company. ❤

Izuku smiled gently. His mother never sent a text without adding a heart emoji.

Without even a second thought, Midoriya had sent Inko a text stating that he would be delighted in keeping her company.

In all honesty, it was probably an extremely bad idea that could only go down hill. After all, what if she figured out his true identity? What if whoever his captors were found out where he was? Then she would become a target.

Izuku sat on the couch, these little tiny voices and thoughts echoing throughout his mind, nothing but his own personal doubts. But no matter how hard these thoughts tried to convince him, he couldn't seem to bring himself to care. After all, he just wanted to see his mother again. He deserved that at least.

Dear Reader, while I can completely agree with him on that, the world is an unfair place; it is full of evil and misfortune, where not everyone gets what they deserve all of the time. Certainly not Izuku Midoriya, as sad as that is, because I can honestly say that Izuku Midoriya deserves the world and more.