Chapter 12

KFC girl couldn't stop shaking her head as she stares at me disapprovingly, she acts like that because of what happened in the student council's club room. She chewed her food without complimenting its flavor neither did she proudly explain how it obtains its savory. She sulks as she eats her food, once she's done she sits still and continues to pout which I find really adorable, she looks like a kid.

'' Okay, is this about what happened in the club room?'' I asked her but she didn't say anything instead she looked away from me. I sighed, I didn't want it to continue like this so I sat next to her and looked directly into her eyes. I could see sadness and fear inside of her brown ones.

'' Why did you choose her as your secretary?''

I looked at her for a second before I could answer her question. ''So I could punish her, did you see what she has done with my things? She threw it in the fountain.''

''Is it really because of that or something more?''

What was she talking about? Of course, I 've chosen her so I could punish her, right?

''I gotta go, my dad needs my help at the restaurant.'' She bid me goodbye leaving me confused.

I went back to the club room and finished signing some files, Ella was there too to help me, she looks not pleased but I didn't care, I like staring at her annoyed face. Yeah... torturing her.

'' I'm finished, this is the files you asked me before. See you tomorrow.'' With that, she took her bag and walked out of the room.

This is tiring, I shouldn't have taken this job. It's sucking me dry.

I've put the files into its storage, I organized the room before leaving. I checked my phone to see if someone messaged m already for part time jobs I applied to. The phone's screen was clean. I huffed, disappointed in the result. My mom hasn't been looking good these past few weeks, she has dark circles her around her eyes and she acts differently than usual which troubled me.

I grabbed my backpack and headed to Liz's kindergarten. When I arrived she came running towards me with her arms open wide and ketchup sauce at the corner of her lips. She rubs the stain against my school uniform with a silly smile playing on her lips.

'' Lizzy'' I groaned. Damn it, now I have to wash it off. I wasn't planning on washing this clothes till next Monday. 

''I missed you, Nie,'' She said in a low voice as she continues rubbing her face on my uniform. When she's done, she looked up at me with an innocent smile.

'' You're lucky, you are so cute otherwise I would have sold you to a stranger.''  I pinched her nose. She pouted before turning her back on me. I messed her hair and took her hand as we walk down the street.

As we walk down, I started people crowding at the middle of the street. An accident must have happened, I didn't go there take a closer look. Because I don't want for Liz to see something horrifying.

I looked down to my little sister, content on how she grew up after 3 years of madness. She has this innocent light blue eyes that make you fell for her charms instantly. She was still sulking so I lifted her up and kissed her soft cheeks every second which turned her sulking silence into cute giggles.

We arrived at the apartment but mom was nowhere to be found, maybe her boss extended her working hours. I've noticed that he always want to spend more time with mom. Someone's in love *smirk*.

I cleaned the house did my homework and helped Liz to clean her body and finally cooked our dinner. I checked the wall clock and it's already 10 pm, she's late. I wanted to call her but her cell phone broke yesterday. I looked beside me to see a snoring Liz but soon shivered from the cold breeze coming from the window. I tucked her in then had my bath.

I'm getting worried, where is she? What happened to her? I tried calling her boss to ask for answers but he said that she already left this afternoon. Don't tell me something bad happened to her!

I hurriedly grab my coat but stepped on something next thing I know a picture of a crash appeared in the tv. I looked down to see a remote under my foot.

'' A woman in her 30's was killed after two cars crashed, her in between of the two.'' reported the news anchor after a few seconds a picture of the woman after the accident was unrecognizable. Its skull was crushed her body has some metals in it. I looked at the left side below her chest, I see a tattoo of 28 in roman numerals.

No, it can't be,

I looked at the lady's destroyed face again, the hair on my kin stood up, my knees weakened so much that I slumped down to the floor from shock. I hid my face behind my palms as I felt myself tearing up.

Did they plan it? For the fucking money, they took it that far, far that they killed my mother?!

''Sis,'' said the little voice beside me. I turned to her and saw her small sleepy eyes trying to open. '' Why you crying? Did a big bad wulf kick you?'' Oh, Lizzie,

'' N-no little nugget,'' I tried to put on a smile but the tears keep on coming out. I brushed it away before she could see it.

*sniff* '' I thought you were sleeping, do you want to go pi pi?'' She shakes her head.

'' I heard you crying..''  she said as she looked directly into my eyes with worry in hers.

''Come here, baby'' I opened my arms, inviting her. She smiles before snuggling her little body into mine.

''You smell sis,''

''Oh shush,''  I laughed at her silliness, she can change the mood from sad to happy so quickly.

To be continued.

___________________________________________________________________________

11062018

AN

My mom woke me up saying I'm late, So I brushed my teeth do my things then I went to school, I thought it was already 8 and I was already late cuz my school starts at 8 am. When I got there the big ass green gate was close, so I started panicking like fudge I'm seriously late they already closed it. So I tried entering the main gate, the school guard looked at me in the eyes and said: '' I just got here''.  And I was like '' say what?''

He said: '' check your phone''

I looked into it and it said 6: 48 am.

Fucking hell tha way home is an up hill hell

fml