Chapter 18

Ella POV

I never felt this way, so scared to let her walk away.

Why? Why am I being like this?

I should be angry at her for missing a lot of our meetings and not acting like the president she is.

But here I am, burying my face in her neck as I tightened my grip on her waist. I'm scared... why am I like this to her? She's bossy, acts like a bitch and she always teases me but why... why am I worried about her? She's just a girl who I don't like.

I spent the most time in the class looking at her hoping that she feels my gaze and give me the answers that I've been wanting since we crossed paths in the parking lot.

She gently puts her right hand on my left shoulder and pushes me away but her doing that makes me want to not her go. She gave up after the fourth time and sighed.

'' Why are you being like this Ella?''

Inching my face away from her neck, I stare back at her eyes that are looking for answers from mine but I can't say anything back at her since I too... don't know what's happening with me.

I look down at the floor as I fiddle with my fingers, searching for answers in my brain but it seems that I can't find any.

I swallow the saliva that is forming inside my throat, look at her and say what it's on my mind: I don't know either', trying to hide my uncertainness.

Her stares linger for more seconds, making sure that what I said is true.

'' Whatever,'' and with that, she turns around and left.

My heart feels like it's sinking, I want her...

Fuck! What happening to me?!

Inhale

Exhale

Inhale

Exhale

I grab my things and exit the room and head straight to the school's parking lot. Students are long gone since the class finished half an hour ago.

I was about to put my ass on the driver seat when I noticed Queenie holding the little girl's hand as she converses with someone on the phone. She wears the same expression from when I visited her at her house.

Like she's in pain, confused. I want to walk closer to her but when her face turns dark, full of anger. My feet stop immediately as soon as I saw her expression.

''Who are you to say that to me huh?!'' She shouts angrily making the little girl beside her start crying, startled by her outburst. Queenie notices and immediately console the little girl by hugging her.

''Sorry baby, sorry....'' she continues to say sweet words to the tiny one as she listens to the person on the other line.

''If you're trying to fix things, why did it happened to her? It's all your fault, I wish it was you instead of her... yes, I'd really wish it you.'' She hangs up and fastly throws her phone inside her bag. She turns her gaze towards the little one and her lips immediately smile.

''Sorry baby, I'm happy now'' she reassures and pats the little one head.

'' Really?'' asks the 'baby' as she tightly clutches to Queenie's clothes.

'' Yes, baby. Now, do you want some burger for dinner?'' she asks with energy but I know that it was forced. How? Well, I'm always right plus she always caresses her wrist when she forces herself to act normal in front of others.

I'm not a stalker, plus I've been with her for so many hours in the day so I know things about her already.

But what I'm curious right now is the whereabouts of the little girl beside her. She never said anything about having a kid? And who's the person she was talking to minutes ago?

Night came and I'm still here on my bed with eyes open.

To be continued.