Chapter 16

3rd person POV

Before going to school ( Chapter 15)

The days after Queenie's mother died was spent on locking herself in her mother's room after her little sister was gone or asleep. The teen is drowning herself in misery, she doesn't care anymore, she let the numbness consumed her body as she spends her mom's leftover cigarettes until there's nothing left inside the box.

The only person she doesn't want to see her hurting is her sister, Lizzie. Her sibling is still oblivious, still thinking that their only parent is busy working at her new job. If Queenie tells her the truth it will shatter her little heart and she wants to avoid that even if she has to lie every time her little sister constantly ask if their mother will come home.

Day pass, Queenie's appearance change. Her then sweet blue eyes turned into grim cold ones, her hair that then falls up to her lower back was cut up to her neck. Her voice turned to be raspier than her normal voice, bags appeared under her eyes but she can conceal it with makeup.

After 9 days of staying inside the house, she decided to go and clean the whole apartment since she hasn't clean for nine days whole. The apartment is full of dirty dishes and diapers, spilled milk and dust. 

She rummages under the stock of clothes laying on the dirty floor to grab her cell phone to see who's calling her. She looks at the screen and it read '' Green Biatch''. She pressed the red button then remove the sim card.

It's best to remove the thing from the past, for Lizzie's safety. She went to the nearest store bought a new sim card.

It took her 2 hours and 26 minutes to completely clean the house. She looks at the clock and it's almost seven forty-five in the morning. She went upstairs and peek inside her room to find Lizzie hugging a minion stuffed toy as she snores slightly.

Only her is enough. Queenie says to herself. Completely charging who's her top priority, then it's her mother, now, it's Lizzie.

She starts having a fear of Lizzie suddenly disappears like her father or her mother. Losing her younger sibling will completely make her lose her mind.

She shakes her head to forget that thinking and focus on the present.

Quennie made her way to the kitchen. She walks closer to the fridge as she opens the door a small card suddenly falls to the floor. She picks it up, curious about what it is, she turns it over. Her brows raised, remembering the fateful day when her co-worker got her fired, and a gorgeous older woman accidentally smashed against her, that woman gave her the card!

She looks at the card and read the first paragraph: Madela Verdeztski and at the bottom of it is placed '' club owner''

"If you need a job, call that number."

The woman's voice echoed in her head, pushing her to her limits, she grabs her phone and dialed the numbers written on the small card that she's clutching in her hands, hoping that someone would pick up.

After three rings a raspy yet sexy voice came up.

' Hello darling ' says the person from the other side.

Queenie almost threw her phone across the room but... her mind stopped her from doing so.

Her mouth is trembling but still manage to utter a Hello as a response.

'' This is the young lady that I bumped into, from a bar, right?' says the woman.  Queenie can feel a shiver run down my spine.

What is she an esper, stalker or maybe...

She's a club owner, imbecile - Interrupts the inner voice of Queenie.

'' Y-yes.''

'' I have a job for you already and please don't even think that I'm a stalker, I'm more elegant than that.''

Her head started popping question inside her head that she is eager to be answered. She feels mixed emotions but the fear is on top of all those feelings.

To be continued.