Chapter 28

Queenie's POV

I can feel the sincerity in her voice, but I can't seem to let myself to trust anyone's words anymore. Even though my heart says I should trust her but what if the decision that my heart makes turns out to be a failure. 

'' Stop playing games with me. I've done my work, I'll take my leave.'' I said to her. I avoided looking at her face. Now that she knows what I've been doing, that feeling that she has for me will slowly disappear.

''No, you are not leaving here till I got through that thick-headed skull of yours.''

''What?! D-did you just call me thick-headed skull?!'' I shouted at her, my anger is rising as I stare back at her, smirking.

''Yes, yes I did. The way you are acting right now pisses me off. When I say I'm falling for you, it's true. I'm not playing with you! So what now that you are a waitress in this club? I don't care! I want you, you drive me crazy. I fucking love you damn it!'' After her outburst, I was just shocked and a little bit relaxed? 

I can feel my cheeks get hot, am I blushing? No way, no fucking way!

I tried looking at her in the eyes but I couldn't. I cover my face with my hands, I don't know why am I acting like this. This is because of her outburst, that's why! 

''Woah! Now that's a wonderful confession!!''  

I know whose voice was that. It's her, the one who's making my life difficult, Madela. 

 '' It seems like I can't give you this kind of punishment, darling.'' She turns her gaze towards Ella, who has been glaring at her since she walked in through that door. ''Cause now she's here.''

What? Do they know each other? If so how?

A loud laugh erupted from her throat, which scares me. I know that kind of laugh, it's the kind of laugh before she goes into a killing spree. 

''Well, I don't care about that plan B that old man made. Now that I have two mice in one cage, I should just get rid of them, right?'' She says, pulling a gun from her back.

My hands moving on their own, I get a hold of her wrist before she pulled the trigger on us. Without a second thought, I grab her gun and point it on her. For a normal human, she or he should be trembling right now but Madela just stood there, smirking at me.

''A little bunny like you won't have the guts to shoot me.'' She said. 

With a blink of an eye, the gun was snatched away from me, I look at Madela but she doesn't have it. I look at my side to see Ella with a gun. 

''But this bitch can'' and with that, she shoots her in the chest. 

I can see the hatred in her eyes as she pulled the trigger. 

I can hear Madela struggling to breathe but she's still grinning at us. As if we are the one who's struggling. 

'' I-I'm not the o-only o-o-one w-who will come a-after you, re-m-mem-ber t-that.'' That was her last words before she exhales her last breath.

I can feel a chill run down my spine as I think of her words.

''So this motherfucker was the one who did that...'' whispers Ella as she stares at the lifeless body of Madela.

''What did you say?'' I ask her. But she didn't say it again, instead, she just embrace me tightly in her arms. making my body relax.

I let my arms circle around her waist. 

Her scents, so nostalgic. 

''I'll protect you,  starting now.'' She said before kissing my forehead.

To be continued.