XVII. Unexpected

3rd person's POV

The conversation she had with the mysterious woman didn't help her sleep. Fear and doubt are what Queenie's feeling, thousands of question is popping up in her brain that she wants to be answered instantly. But at the same time, she fears what's about to happen, to her and her little sister, people come and go without warning that she's tired of it.

She grabs her phone and put it on vibrate, heads to the sofa where Lizzie is currently sleeping with her pacifier in her mouth. She might be too old for that since she's three years old now but her big sister finds it cute and useful, she doesn't have enough money to buy Lizzie's milk anymore.

She lifts Lizzie up, struggling to keep her balance, walking closer to the bathroom to clean her up and get ready for school. It's been a while and teachers might,well, for sure will start doubting and start asking. And she wants to avoid it from happening.

'I don't want foolish old hags to mind my business, separating me from Liz' - her thoughts before they exit their home, on their way to school. 

Queenie walks her younger sibling to her class first like every day but as they part ways, she stares at her sister with fear and longing in her eyes.

'Be brave' - she says to herself as she makes her way to the other building, to her class.

She took a deep breathe, before taking her steps closer to the building. She knew she's already late, she woke up late on purpose.

With only two steps she stopped, a car swiftly cut her in, almost running her over. She wanted to shout at the driver but her body was too stunned to react.

'Fucking idiot bitch!'-  her brain shouts but her mouth isn't open to produce the words.

The unknown driver parks the car, Queenie fixes herself and starts walking closer to the car. The car's door open, revealing the girl who she avoided during the time she was vulnerable.

Ella turned around, she looks surprised, her body didn't move. Her mouth opens but it's incapable to utter a word.  She wanted to walk closer to her but once those ice cold empty eyes locked with hers, she feels small, like a mouse in front of a cat.

Queenie turned around & continue her way into the school building. She masked her feelings with a  stoic face, completely ignoring her secretary.

'I don't want to get closer to her, not now.'-  She says to herself.

Queenie's POV

It's hard to ignore her right now, I can sense her staring at me like a lost puppy for god's sake! Since I arrived people are looking at me as if I was dead and get resurrected like Jesus. I rub my palms together, trying to concentrate on what this teacher of mine is babbling. I'm sure many of them are curious about what I've been doing these past weeks since I've been absent a lot

The class ended but I'm still putting back my notebooks in my book bag. I was about to exit the room when a hand clamped on my wrist. I tried pulling it but the grip is powerful that when the person who's holding my wrist pulls me, I almost fell on my back. I turn around angry, I wanted to yell but I stop myself so I stay quiet. I see Ella looking at me, her face says it all, she's puzzled about what's happening.

'' Stop.''

'' Is that all you're gonna say to me? Stop? Queenie, you were gone for weeks, I tried to stay in contact with you but you ignored me! I even went to your awfu-'' She's fuming, her face is red and as for her hands, well it's going everywhere.

I catch both of her hands with my left hand and pushed her hard on the cold wall. With my right hand, I hold her chin and tilted it upwards, I stare into her eyes as she stares at mine. This action stopped her from rambling. I press my body closer to hers, making her gasp.

''Listen... you look like an idiot when you start rambling but it's up to you if you want to continue,'' I whisper close to her ear. I expected for her to hit me or say something sarcastic but there were none. I step back a little just to see her face but she instantly put her hands on my waist and pulls me closer to her.

What's happening?

To be continued.

_____________________________________________

Author's Note.

Hi guys, just wanna say merci very much for reading my stories and hope you enjoy your summer!