Chapter 14

Queenie's face is filled with sorrow, agony and most of all sadness. The pain is unbearable, the only thing that makes her wake up in the morning is her little sister. She thought she can escape the past but it seems like it's her shadow.

The night she saw the news, her world crumbled completely as if it's the last straw of her hope. She has no shoulder to lean on, now that her dependable mother is gone... forever. Loneliness consumed her whole, she decided to go into her mother's room to lessen the longing she's feeling.

The room is dark and quite small, a single bed in the corner and on top of it is a box of cigarettes that is half full, next to it is a 1 dollar lighter that is almost empty. As she takes one step closer to the room she noticed a  small mirror hanging on the wall. She takes it in her hand and flips it. At the back of the mirror, there is their family picture.

Her mom smiling happily as she embraces her husband who is holding their youngest daughter, Lizzie, who was months old during that time. While Queenie is hiding behind her mother's leg as she clutches her mother's jeans. They looked complete then and now their family won't, no, it will never go back to the way it was.

Droplets of warm tears fall on the picture, her hands tightly holding the picture. Her heart hurts to the point where she wants to rip it out, she won't feel the sadness and pain that life has given to her.

How can I bear the pain mom? Now that you're gone, what should I do? I told you to be careful... why-

Her knees gave out, she falls to the floor, she tries her best to quite her cries but it's futile because moments later her little sister come into the room in her cute minion pajamas with a worried expression on her little face.

''Nie! Wat wrong? Does yur tummy hurt? '' Asks the little girl to her sister as she gently touches her older sister's cheeks to wipe out the tears.

'' No baby,'' Queenie says softly to her worried sister then wipe the wetness off her face. Trying to be strong and not let her little sister knows how broken she is right now. '' I just fell, you know I'm quite clumsy little nuggets.'' she laughs then slowly stands up.

'' Are you supposed to be in bed little one?'' She asks, changing the subject.

'' Y-yes Nie but I h-heard a loud BAAAG, so I-'' the little nugget reasons as she staredown the floor afraid of what her sister's reaction. She prepared herself before she gets scolded. But instead of hearing her sister's scolding voice, a soft pat on the head is what she got.

'' Everything is... fine nuggurs.'' Her older sis smiles as she continues to pat the little one's head with a warming smile but emptiness in her eyes. Queenie feels that the weight on her shoulders lessens when she thinks about the worried face of her sister when she came into the room. '' Now go back to bed and sleep, little nuggets need to sleep to grow you know.''

''Why do yu always say dat Nie? I'm 3 yers uld now yu know?!'' the little nuggers pouts while Queenie messes with the nuggers hair.

Queenie just laughs it off, then picks her sister up and walk to the little one's bed. She places Lizzie on the bed and tucked her in. She sang Liz a lullaby, satisfied that the little one is asleep she went back to her mother's room and grab the cigarettes and lights one. 

To be continued.

______________________________

Hello my fellow readers! Did you enjoy the song while reading this chapter? Well for me, I did.

I noticed that some of my kababayan read my story! Salamat po!

Thank you for reading! Peace out!