Chapter twenty two

Kalie pov

We walked through the door greeted by his mom
"Hi!! You must be Kalie!! I'm
Mrs. Reynolds"
She shook my hand
"Happy birthday sweetie!!" She stood on her tippy toes and kissed Carter on the cheek
"Mom....."
"Cartah I will embarrass you, right now in front of your girlfriend."
"Fine." Does that mean he is fine with being my boyfriend? And me being his girlfriend?
"Now I cooked pesto styled pizza, and shrimp salad! Please sit down and eat as I grab Carter's presents."
"She is really nice."
"I know that's why I love her."
"Where's you father?"
"I don't know he is usually late to things."
"Oh ok."
"Cartah open this one first."
"Ok." Carter was so excited as if it was Christmas
"I love it thanks mom!!!" He got a big box filled of beanies
"Look at this one?!!" I laughed at Carter's excitement of a neon green beanie.
"And now the biggest one of them all!"
Carter lit up like a three year old getting candy
"Mom..." His face soon dropped. I saw a suit case filled of clothes and a plane ticket to California.
"It's a small vacation... Sorry I couldn't a forward another one, because I would have you take this sweet young girl with you."
"It's fine! Carter will have fun."
"Ok, let's eat finish eating."
"So Kalie, tell me about yourself."
"Well, um.. I'm planning on going to community college online and then some at csu. Um.. My dad died when I was little so, and I wasn't really close with my mom. Um i live with Carter and life has been a lot better."
"Well I'm sorry to here that about your dad.."
"Oh it's fine, but thanks."
"So when are y'all getting married? I need grand babies running around here." Carter choked on his water, as did I.
"Mom!"
"What? I understand if you two want to wait but, I need grand babies soon." She winked at me... O my gosh.
"Kalie what do you like to do?"
"Um, I enjoy reading. I love fairs, and carnivals it brings out the kid in me! I love to sing even though I know I can't."
"Do you cook?"
"She can cook, just not food." Carter said shoving food in his mouth
"Shut up! Ok maybe I can't really cook, but I will learn."
"Maybe we can cook together sometime."
"Ok ya sure, this food is amazing!" I said eating more pizza.
"Happy birthday carter!!" We heard someone shout from the living room
"It's my dad don't worry."
"Son!" They hugged each other, and Carter's dad slipped an envelop in his back pocket.
"Oh and who is this beautiful girl?"
"I'm Kalie." I said shaking his hand. Carter get yes his facial features from him
"Well I have to go, I'm sorry son it's business. Don't open the envelope until you get home." Carter seemed kinda sad his dad was leaving so quick
"Well we should be going to, thanks mom for a great birthday!" He kissed her on the head
"It was nice meeting you mrs. Reynolds."
"Nice to meet you too Kalie, come back so we can cook. Ok?"
"Okay."
"Bye mom!" We walked out
"Well that was easy." I said grabbing Carter's hand.
"Well now, I can thank you when we get home!"
We went back to the cab. The whole way there Carter showed me, how all the beanies looked on him.
"Stop laughing it's a serious question. Now which one!"
"The purple one that has green cannabis all over it"
"Ok, now it's your turn try one on!" I rolled my eyes picking up a black one that had neon pink word 'dope'
"ZAYUMMM, that hot on you."
"Thanks."
"Let's take a beanie selfie."
"Say cheese!" The whole ride i was dying of laughter, Carter seems like he is hiding something though... Because he isn't smiling. Well not a smile. Nor a real Laugh.

(OMG hey!!! It's been like a good month or like three weeks since I have written a chapter!!! Well hope you guys like it!! I will be updating now at least every other day, just short chapters to keep you caught up!!! Love all of ya!!! Thanks for the 3k reads!! Keep on staring the chapters and leaving comments!!! P.s. What happened to Robbert? Bye!)