Chapter forty three

Carter pov

I can't believe she needs him to be able to sleep at night. Aren't I enough? Don't my arms comfort her?
I understand there is always something that keeps us up at night... I just wish it weren't him..
Two hours and she will be with him...
I lay in the bedroom just staring at the ceiling. I look to see her standing there. Nothing but her robe, her skin is so flawless..I'm not loosing her. She is mine
"Carter..please say something."
"No. I'll regret everything I say."
"Please?"
"Why, why do you need him to sleep at night?"
"I don't need him to sleep at night. I just need to forgive and forget."
"How did you even make this plan to meet up.." She looks at the ground, she is hiding
"Kalie?" I walk over, now only two inch away from her.
"Kalie answer me.."
"Brent called me, and told me taylor hasn't been himself and it would be easier if we just talked. So I called taylor and-"
"You called him?" I try to stay calm without yelling, but it's only making my blood boil.
"Ya but, I it's need to do this Carter." I put our foreheads together, our lips only inches away.
"What if you fall in love with him all over again, I can't bare the thought of loosing you."
"You're not going to lose me. I love you and only you." I press our lips together for a second. I can't get the image of him and her out of my mind.
"I-I'm going to go get ready."

Taylor pov

"Do I wear a suit? Flowers? What do I do?" I face planted on the couch
"Dude, just be yourself, plus it's not a date." Jack said walking away
"How do you know it's not?" I sat up looking at the two idiots look back at forth at each other..
"Ummm w-we don't know that."
"Ya what are you talking about..." I looked at Brent and then at Jack. Who would spill the beans....Jack.
"Jack I will buy you a 25 dollar Taco Bell gift card if you tell me what you did."
"We called Kalie and told her about how weird you have been acting."
"Jack...really?" Brent said hitting his shoulder.
"Guys really, so she didn't do this be chase she wanted to..."
"Yes! She did we only told her how you have been acting, she set this all up. Now go get dressed, wear what you usually wear." I nodded my head walking into my room.

Karen pov (remember Karen?)

One day... One day.
Till I marry my love.
But it only hurts knowing he laid his hands on my daughter.
Should I go through with this?
I love him, and he has never-well..

Carter pov

"You are not wearing that."
"You can't tell me what to wear," she has on a dress that shows all of her curves..
"Why can't you wearing jeans and a t shirt."
"I want to look nice."
"Fine, I'm staying up there, you have twenty minutes."
"Carter.." She said grabbing my hand
"Don't be jealous please, I just want to forgive and forget."
"Ok. Let's go."

Kalie pov

I walk in and automatically the air gets thinner, he is sitting there just staring at me with his big brown eyes
"Kalie!" He waves his hand at me
"Hey..." He gets up to hug me but I reject it and sit down
"You know this isn't a date."
"Of course. It's just so we can clear things up." Wow, this is going better, there isn't hurt in his eyes.
"I'll start first, why? Why did you do that to me?"
Tears came out his eyes
"I loved you Kalie, I wanted to take it to the next level."
"Why not ask me? Or show me. You forced me... You scared me"
"I'm sorry, words can't even Describe how sorry I am. After that day I felt shame. I wanted to contact you but I was scared."
"It really hurts, each night I dream of it...almost three years down the drain all for sex."
"You loved other girls after that didn't you."
"It's wasn't love, nothing compared to what we had. It was simply desire, temptation."
"I didn't mean for it to happen like that, I meant for it to be the night I ask you to move in with me, and start a life."
Tears are all I see, this pain is more then just a heart break, it's a full ship of emotions sinking into the dark depths.
"But I see you found someone new..." He point to Carter who was sitting at a table in the corner.
"Does he treat you well?"
"Ya, I really like him."
"Kalie can you promise me something?"
"That from here on out we can be friends."
"Yes, I forgive you. I want to be friends. I miss the way we used to be."
"Can you promise me something?" He nods his head
"You don't push anything or cross the line."
"I won't interfere with you and your Asian Justin Bieber don't worry." I giggle a little then burst into my ugly laugh as I realize he is right.
"I've missed that smile..." He whispers but I hear him.
"Do you think, as friends we could simply trade numbers so we can gossip till the sun comes up?"
"Yes." We exchange number then stand up, he goes in for a hug and I allow it. His arms have warmth, and my heart is finally free.
"Bye," I said pulling away walking to Carter table
"Text you later!"