Chapter twenty three

Kalie pov

When we got home, Carter went up stairs to put his presents away. I was trying to make him a birthday surprise when I heard a big crash.
"Carter! Are you ok?" There was no response
"Carter?" I walked upstairs
"Omg..." Carter had knocked over his dresser and was sitting on the floor in a puddle of tears.
"Carter..." I sat down right next him wrapping my arms around him.
"It's ok." What's going on...
After a few more tears, Carter's head was now laying in my lap as I ran my fingers throw his hair.
"Carter? Are you ok?" He got up and whipped his eyes
"Ya! I'm happy! Why don't we go watch a movie!"
"Carter stop." He kept on walking down the steps
"Carter." I grabbed his arm he finally stopped
"You're not happy, now tell me what is wrong?" He looked at the ceiling then into my eyes.
"H-how could he just..." Carter was chocking on his own words try to hold back his tears. I held out my arms, only for him to almost knock me down.
"It's ok carter it's ok."
"No! How could he just leave on my birthday? He didn't even talk with my mom on what to get me..."
"How do you know that?"
"In the envelop was another plane ticket and 500 dollars. A fucking plane ticket to California.... I know he loves and cares about me, I mean I'm his son! But it still hurts... For him to leave when I need him the most,"
Tears ran down the back of my shirt
"Shhh it's ok, it's ok. You don't have be tough around me about this ok?"
He unlatched himself from me.
"Thank you. I needed to get that out."
"Don't thank me, you need that." I leaned up and kissed him on the cheek
"Now I have one last sweet secret birthday surprise in the kitchen, just follow me." He grabbed my hand pulling me into a kiss, my eyes open the whole kiss
"I also needed that." He whispered
"Now let's see what you tried to fix me for my last surprise." How did he know it was food?
"I didn't try to make anything, I bought it from the store." By the time I got into the kitchen he was stuffing his faces with the sundae I bought from Dairy Queen.
"Tha-snkak."
"Don't talk with your mouth full."
"Ok MOM." I stuck out my tongue before bursting out in laughter. Gosh I love Carter.

(Um... So I don't know if any of you are part of the O2L family but... I can't and will not believe Connor is leaving. But I support his decision and I will always love him. I was trying not to cry when I watched his video, but once I was done I was stuffing my face with chocolate and my tears were on a pillow. But anyway, I hope you liked this small little chapter. Keep leaving comments, I love reading them! Ask any questions and I will answer them. They can be about the book or fandoms. Thanks for the likes and reads and I may update again Wednesday?)

(Oh hey I forgot, I am writing two new books, the first one is a Matt Espinosa fanfic, the second will be an magcon/26mgmt/youtubers/viners imagine book! So just comment if you want an imagine; let me know who it's with and your name and if you want it to be cute, sad, jealousy, dirty ;) If you want I could add some of you in my Matt book, maybe even this one, maybe.)