Chapter Two

I was making my way towards the parking lot, when someone called out for me

I was making my way towards the parking lot, when someone called out for me. I stopped and turned around to see Colton running towards me. Everyone was still lurking in the corridors, about to leave. Of course, they stayed, curious to know what would happen. 

It's like the high school students survive on gossip. It's pathetic, really.

"Val!" Colton had been trying to catch a hold of me since the morning stunt. Luckily for him, I have been busy with other things.

"Colton!" I greet him as soon as he is in hearing distance.

"Please can we talk?" He pleads, desperation oozing out of his mouth.

"We are talking now aren't we." I raise a brow at him challenging him to deny.

"Fine. Let me explain. That night I was drunk beyond belief and I had absolutely no -"

"VALERIE!" Colton is cut off mid sentence by Colin's cheery voice. He is one of the other things I was busy with. Ever since we made that deal in lunch, he's been following me around throwing every pick up line he's ever known in hopes of making me blush. 

"Keep it low Colin. Don't want the whole town to know."

Colton eyes him up and then settles his gaze on his arm over my shoulder.

"Ssup mate?" Colin greets Colton, totally ignoring his eyes.

When Colton doesn't reply he turns to me with an accusing look.

"You! You are a liar." He narrows his eyes at me.

I turn to him with an innocent look, then shake my head.

"Tsk tsk Colin. Such a shame. Can't even make a girl blush. I mean, even Colton could make me blush, if he tried. Are you not even his level?" I shake my head disappointingly.

Colton protests that he did make me blush but Colin again cuts him off.

"Oh please, of fucking course I can. I even did make you blush. You are just not admitting it, you dirty little liar." He glares at me.

It was true. He did make me blush. I was leaving my homeroom cause our hot teach had called me. We were exiting together when Colin shouted BOO out of nowhere making me jump. Mr. Cavanaugh called us a cute couple. And then he kissed my cheek claiming himself lucky. That is when I blushed. Not like I was gonna admit it.

"You can't make me blush Colin." I say in my sing song voice before leaving the two and heading towards Seth waving at me.

As I near him, I see a panicked look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"Hailey is wrong. She was coming to talk to me but I ran out of class. She's gonna be here any minute now." Hailey was Seth's clingy ex-girlfriend.