Chapter Ten

Dex got to Seth's place 30 seconds earlier than the limit.

And we had been looking for Seth for over 3 hours. We checked every restaurant, café, park. We drove around town looking for his car. We couldn't find him.

So Dex dropped me home. And I went to sleep. The next morning, Seth wasn't at my house like he's supposed to be. Instead Colin came and told me that he was my ride. I didn't argue cause I wasn't in the mood. Seth and I never kept secrets.

We never lied to each other.

So I quickly changed into a skater skirt and tee while Colin sat on my bed.  I looked at myself in the mirror.

I had tied my hair into a messy bun

"I look fat in this."

"No you don't. You look hot."

"You're just saying that cause you like me." I snort as I grab my phone and walk out of the room. Colin follows behind me. I run into Clar in the kitchen.

"I'll be leaving at noon. So unless you sneak out of school to drop off your sister, which you won't now that you've turned into a good girl, now would be the time to say goodbye."

"Whatever, its not like you care. Everyone just keeps lying to me." I slam the kitchen door shut on my way out.

"She's never like this. What did you say to her?" Clar growled at Colin.

I couldn't hear his response. I then slammed the main door shut so loud that Colin quickly scrambled out of the house following behind like a dog.

"What's gotten your knickers in a twist?" He joked as he opened his side of the car door. I was halfway through mine when I heard the comment. Annoyed, I slammed the door shut and started walking to school.

"Hey! Val!!" Colin called out to me but I ignored him.

He groaned and shut his door and then jogged towards me.

"What's wrong?" He asked when he caught upto me.

I just continued walking. He grabbed my arm to stop me.

"What's wrong?" He asked in a much serious tone.

"What's wrong is that you and Seth are clearly both lying to me. It may not be the same lie, but you are not interested in me. Whatever this bet is, just tell me what you have to do to win and get it over with. Because I don't have time for your bullshit fake love confessions. I. AM. NOT. INTERESTED. Get that through your thick skull."

"You're wrong, I do like you."

"Yeah and when did you realize that? While you were banging Courtney in the janitor's closet or while you were getting it on with the English teach?" I ask sarcastically.

He paused before smirking at me.

"You're jealous."

He's delusional.