Chapter Eight

"Don't mind my brother. He's a bit" Colin paused in search of a fitting word.

"It's whatever. Plus I have bigger problems at the moment, like Clar." I sigh as the car comes to a slow stop. I look outside the car window to see that I'm outside my house.

"I'm sure she'll be fine. Plus she seemed nice enough to me."

"Sure she did, do you know she chopped off my finger when I was 2?"

"She WHAT!?"

"Yeah she had recently learned how to hold a knife and we were watching a crime movie where someone chopped off someone else's fingers. So she tried to do the same with me that night. Rest assured, she was banned from watching any violent movies till she turned 18 a few years back."

"Wow. Okayyy you might have a problem." He nods as I chuckle.

"See you." I say as I get out of the car and walk towards the door. The door opens before I place a hand on the knob. There she was, my aggressive beauty.

"Start talking, now."

~

"Why would you do that?" She whines and holds her head in her hands.

I told her everything that happened at Colin's house.

"I'm soo sorry. But you can just call and cancel. I'm sure she'll understand considering its your ex's house and everything." I try to apologize.

"That's the thing, she doesn't know we broke up!" She...cries out?

"What?"

"Yeah. She has a heart problem, and she wanted me and Carter to get married. She had a stroke the day we officially broke up and the doctors said that any more saddening news and her condition could get worse. So we didn't tell her. I just told her that I'm off to college and then I never spoke to her again. Its been years." She speaks in a sad voice.

Carter and Clar were as close as marriage talks and I never even knew she had a boyfriend. Some sister I am.

"So Carter told me he'll frame some excuse."

"No. I'll..go and have dinner. A little food won't hurt anyone. And I miss her too so."

"I really don't think that's a good idea considering you were on kill mode last time he showed up. Plus Nick will slaughter the both of us."

"Speaking of Nick-" Clarissa started as the doorbell rung. Once, then twice and then whoever was outside glued their finger to the doorbell because it just kept on ringing.

"Do not tell me Nick is on the other side."

"Okay I won't." She then headed towards the door as I followed her.

She opened the door to a furious Nick.

"No." That was his first word. And second.

And third.

"Just hear me out." Clar pleaded.

"Nuh uh. The last time I heard you out I almost got raped by a monkey. So no, I am not hearing you out and you are not bloody going anywhere." Nick refused and walked in the house.

I don't even want to know.

He took a seat on the kitchen stool.

"Oh c'mon, please! Greta misses me!!" Clar pleads.

"Yeah? And how do I know that this is not some sick plan of Carter trying to get you in his house? What if he's using his mom to lure you in?" Nick questioned.