Chapter Twenty One

"HE DID WHAT!?" Stacy shouted through the phone.

"Carrie! Why are you on speaker? There's a reason I called you and not her." I facepalm myself.

"That fucktart. I'll show him. Sugar!? FUCKING SUGAR!? AND YOU DIDN'T CHOP OFF HIS HEAD THAT INSTANT!!??" Stacy roared.

"I was busy. And Nate and I had a moment afterwards so its all chill." I scoff. Nate looks at me from the corner of his eye and smirks.

"THAT BITCH. HE DARED TO POUR SUGAR ON MY GIRL!! I WILL PRESENT YOU HIS HEAD ON A SILVER PLATTER." And then Stacy hung up.

"I'm scared for him." Nate whispers.

"Me too. Should I warn him?" I ask him.

"I think you should. But it is up to you."

"Nahh. He deserves everything Stacy is gonna do to him."

"We're here." He stops the car and I look sideways to see a huge mansion. Unfortunately, this wasn't my first time here.

"I'm nervous."

"Don't be. They'll love you." He wrapped his arm around my waist and leaded me inside.

"Mom, I'm home." Nate shouts into the large empty house.

"She isn't home yet. On her way with dad." A young lady, in around her early twenties walks in. She's beautiful with her short blonde hair. Looks almost my sister's age.

"Well, you two can bond till then. This is Valerie, my fiancé." Nate smirks at her.

"Funny. I think I missed the engagement party." She forces a smile.

"Oh c'mon now sister. Show her some hospitality. Wouldn't want dad to think you're being rude to his daughter-in-law." Nate says with clenched teeth.

"You've got some real guts, haven't you? Showing up with a fiancé just before the annual gala. One might start to think that you're trying to steal a spotlight." His sister glares at me.

"Why do you care? Its not like you had the spotlight in the first place."

"If you think for even a moment that you can sway father with this slut of yours then you're delusional."

"We're home." A rough and gruff voice speaks from behind us. We turn around to see a couple walking towards us, hand in hand.

"Mom! Dad!" Nate releases me and goes to hug them.

"Look at yourself. You've grown taller since I last saw you." The woman pats his head.

"You saw me like last week." He rolls his eyes.

I feel the man staring me down.

"Who's this beautiful young lady here?" He asks as he steps towards me.

"My name is Valerie. Its nice to meet you." I bow and offer my hand.

"She's my fiancé." Nate announces.

"So she's the woman who's stolen you from us for the past days."

"I'm sorry?" I ask politely.

"Lighten up dear. I'm only kidding. Come on in. Its time for lunch." Nate's father guides me towards the dinner table.

"So Valerie, I suppose you're still in school?" His mom asks me.

"Yes. I'm in my final year."

"How'd you two meet?"

"That's a funny story. You see we both met in a restaurant. Our friends went out on a blind date together. Which was a complete disaster by the way.. And they both called us to get out of there. We bumped into each other outside. And then somehow somethings happened and all four of us ended up having lunch together." I quickly make up a story.