Chapter Twenty

"It has got to be grand. You're Valerie fucking Kingsley. If its not grand then there's no point in saying yes." Carrie exaggerates as Colin takes notes.

"Ok so before we begin, let's decide how the proposal's gonna go." Clar orders.

"Show up at school tomorrow and do a proper bend on a knee proposal in front of everyone. In the parking lot." Seth advises.

Colin keeps noting everything.

"I don't think anyone's gonna believe you're getting married." Carter placed his unwanted opinion.

"He's right. Some random dude shows up suddenly one day and proposes and you say yes? Makes no sense." Colin agrees.

"And what with all the ships and fan groups of Colin and Seth going around, people won't accept him. If they don't accept him then it will get kinda tricky. People won't talk. No point in marrying then." Carrie brutally adds in.

"That's right. So you've gotta build up. Add that." Clar suggested.

"I could like show up everyday to pick you up. Take me to parties with you. We'll hang out, go grocery shopping, stuff couples do?" Nate asked.

"That's smart. Thank god you've got a brainy one this time. Not repeating my mistakes at least." Clar smirks. Carter pulls a face at her.

"That hurt Clar. Stabbing me in the heart like that." Colin told her with a straight face.

"Yeah and after you two start being in places together, everyone will talk. And Stacy can direct the rumors from there." Seth adds.

"Oh and to touch it up Colin and Seth, both of you need to hate on him. Wayy to much." Carrie spoke up.

"Not gonna be tough." Colin muttered and noted it.

"But I like him." Seth whines.

"Just imagine he's Holden." Carrie smiles sweetly.

"That'll work." Clar smirked.

"I feel bad for him. Even after he's gone, you guys just don't stop picking on him. Even Val's stopped defending him now." Carter bit into the apple in his hand.

"I know it's pointless. So I just curse at all of them in my mind. When he comes back, he can take his own bloody revenge." I shrug.

"Who's Holden?" Nate asks.

"Right, so proposal's done. Let's move on." I ignore his question. He looks at me questioningly. Then drops it. I feel Colin staring at the two of us too.
"So the cake and the venue and the invites, all of them, leave to me. Just tell me who you guys definitely want and who you definitely don't want. Oh and I am calling up your family. That's not up for discussion." Clar says to Nate.

"That's alright. Which reminds me, we've gotta go meet my parents." He looks at me.

"Oh right. I completely forgot."

"We'll manage the rest you two you should go." Carter advisies.

"Now?" I ask.

"The sooner the better." Seth shrugs.

"I'll just change and come. Carrie come up for a moment."

"Yeah." She gets up and we both climb upstairs.

"I'm not ready to meet his parents." I freak as soon as the door shuts.

"What do you mean. It's just his parents. Dress up nice and they'll love you. People who don't know you tend to think you're super sweet and nice. Take advantage of that." She says as she scans my closet for an outfit.