Chapter Nineteen

"We're home." I announce as I walk into the house. It is very silent. Almost scary.

"Mom? Dad? Clar?" I shout as literally nobody responds. Not even a buzzing fly. 

"Shouldn't Clar be home?" Nick asks as he passes me to fetch a glass of water.

"She should but I texted her that we'll be home later. So she must be out." I tell him as I close the door behind Nate. Carrie and Colin and Seth are already in on the couch.

"But her phone's here.." He holds up her phone.

"I hope she's not kidnapped or something. I mean knowing her she might've just pissed off the wrong tattooed guy." Joe adds to everyone's non existent worry.

"How'd you get in? And didn't we just drop you off at your house?" Colin narrows his gaze.

"Lost my keys." He just shrugs.

"You need to stop picking locks dude." Seth scoffs.

"If you can pick locks, why didn't you just pick yours?" Colin asks again.

"Dad's a cop. Screwed me over the last time for doing that." Joe rolls his eyes.

"I remember. Clar and I bailed you out." Nick chuckles.

"You've been in jail?" Carrie asks.

"Perks of being a cop's son. I don't get grounded." He winks.

"Hey. You're early." Clar stomps down the stairs.

"Where were you?" Nick asks suspiciously.

"Peeing." She replies cheekily. She quickly hugs him to distract him.

Joe walks to her and hugs her next. He whispers something in her ear and her eyes widen. She blushes and then nods. After breaking off the hug she mouths thanks to him.

"Now this must be the boy." She looks at Nate devilishly.

"Uh hey." He looks nervous. 

"Oh my god. He's actually nervous. How adorable." Carrie squeals.

"Can you keep it down?" Colin scowls.

"He stole your girlfriend not me." Car retorts.

"Guys take it somewhere else. I'm tryna sound intimidating." Clar complains and they shut up.

"So did you do it?" She asks him getting back into the role.

"Umm do what?" Nate stammers.

"You know..that thing?"

"Do youmeansex?" He says quickly.

"WHAt!? YOU TWO DID WHAT!? I WAS TALKING ABOUT PROPOSAL!" She sounds enraged.

"THat's what I said."

"Are you calling me a liar? You have the audacity to deflower my sister and then step into my house and call me a liar? Not the best impression you're making on your in laws here." She takes a step forward threateningly. And I swear to god Nate shivers.

Her act would have been perfect if it wasn't for Joe and his stupid fat mouth.

"I'm sorry." He chokes between laughs as he starts cackling like a maniac.

"You just had to spoil it didn't you?" Clar pouts.

"I just couldn't stop." He apologizes.

At that moment mom and dad walk in. "Clar when'd you come?" Dad hugs her.

"I landed a few hours back."

"You've gotta inform me the next time. What if you walked in on me cheating on your dad with one of my male models." Mom sighs.