Chapter 2

Y/N and Lin entered the building. "The managers should be in the managers office." Y/N stated.

"Well obviously, they're managers." Lin said. Y/N just rolled her eyes.

"Yes, I know. I just said that because it's easier to talk to the managers in their office."

"Why does it matter? We'll be talking to them while we work here anyway." Y/N chuckled at the small boy's comment(Lin is 5'2 and you're 5'6).

"If you're looking for the managers, they're right there." A random worker pointed to two men and a woman.

"Thank you." The Paris children said at the same time. They then walked up to the managers.

"Excuse me." The men and woman looked at the siblings. "I don't mean to interrupt but are you the managers?" Y/N asked.

"Why yes, we are. Who might you be?" The short man spoke.

"My name is Y/N," she gestured to herself then to her brother, "and this is my little brother Linville. We don't know our last name(cough lier)."

The taller man spoke next. "Well it is nice to meet you. My name is Firmin and this," he gestured to the smaller man, "is my partner, Andre. What brings you here?"

"Well, we—" Y/N was cut off.

"We want to join the opera!" Her little brother yelled.

"Lin!" Y/N scolded. The managers laughed.

"You must audition first!" Andre said cheerfully.

"Yes, we are fully aware of that." Y/N said. "When can we audition?"

"Now would be fine. The girls are not practicing." The lady suddenly said.

"Ah! Yes, this is Madame Giry. The dance instructor." Firmin said.

I know quite well who she is. How could I forget? Y/N thought.

"It is very nice to meet you." Y/N said. Same with Mme. Giry.

"Please, follow me." Madame Giry said. All four of them started following her. Lin was instantly amazed by the lit up room where the stage is.

Y/N smiled, looking at her brother's face. Just wait until he sees the magic that happens backstage...or at night when no one is around and the lights are all off. Once on stage, people started gathering around, trying to see who might join them or make a complete fool out of themselves. The Paris siblings were made to stand in the middle of the stage, facing the crowd.

"Now then, what will you be doing?" Andre asked. Not even a second later, the siblings answered.

"We'll be singing."

"Alright then," Firmin said, "what will you be singing?"

"A song that Y/N wrote." Lin states cheerfully.

"You compose?" The managers said, a little shocked(remember that back in the day, people were sexist)

"A little bit, yes." Y/N answered.

"Well, I can't wait. You may start." Andre said. And so they did. Singing a song that Y/N wrote named(in my book, she did write it) Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better.

Just watch the video and image that Y/N and Lin are the ones singing. I don't feel like writing out the lyrics, go on, this story can wait, it's not like it's suddenly gonna just up and disappear.

When they were done, it was silent. The siblings looked around at the shocked faces. Y/N noticed that Mme. Giry was gone but then came back with a note in her hands. Then everyone started clapping and whispering to each other. The managers quickly walked up to them.
Andre spoke first. "You two are good. Did you actually write that? How did you get the inspiration?"

"Thanks and yes, I did write it. I based it on a fight Lin and I had a few months ago."

"You made a song based off a fight? Amazing!" Some random dancer said. Y/N smiled.

"Thank you." Y/N said to the dancer.

"Does this mean we can join?!" Lin said with a sparkle in his eyes. Everyone laughed. "What? What's so funny?"

"Yes, you guys can join." Firmin said. "When can you start?"

"Now!" The siblings said.

"That's great! I'm sure you two could make the lead roles someday." Andre said. Y/N and Lin looked at each other and smiled. Mme. Giry stepped up and handed Y/N the note she was holding.

"The Opera Ghost would like to congratulate you two and welcomes you to his Opera House."