Chapter VI

To my surprise and happiness I awoke the next morning with James grinning over me like the Joker on drugs which was saying something. I blinked my gluey eyes awake and slowly sat up.

James leant back and let me try and wake myself up and try and get over that scary wake up call.

"What is the matter with you?" I asked running my sticky eyes, getting around two long eyelashes in my eyes in the process.

James nodded and bounced up at the question. "I just died your mum if we could go out today and she said yes." He grinned.

I stared at him in disbelief and shook my head. "No way, how'd you do that?" I asked with a smile playing on my lips.

"There were a few conditions though."

I groaned nd let the excitement drain out of me. "Such as?"

" You and Harvey have to buy presents for Dylan and Riley and Anya and Chanelle have to come too... "

I massaged my temples and groaned some more. "Typical. Honestly, Anya's just gonna spend the whole time checking me out and God knows about Chanelle, she's a right weirdo." I moaned.

James slapped me on the shoulder and laughed. "Well you're gonna have to suck it up and take it like a man because i don't care who freaks you out because me, Harvey and Caden want a day of freedom. We can ditch the girls at some nail salon and pay for their quiet." He smirked.

"You're right. I won't let them ruin my day- or yours." I admitted.

James bounded up and i realised that he was still in his pyjamas. I let out a small laugh, "dude, your pyjamas are Disney?" I stifled.

James pulled his eyebrows together in confusion and looked down at his Monsters Inc. pyjamas with Sully and Mike Wazowski on. "Dude, don't diss the one eyed green guy. He's awesome. Not everyone likes sleeping in their underwear. People can play pranks on you, in your underwear."

As he said that i slowly looked down at myself and felt a slippery sensation slip down my stomach. I gasped out and closed my eyes. "James. Please don't tell me you poured salsa on me in my underwear in my bed!" I yelled.

James guffawed and almost doubled over in hysterics as i tried to come to terms with the red goo that was slapping on my skin. I slowly pulled the duvet away and stood up, dripping in red Doritos' dressing. "Why would you do that?" I demanded.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Because it's funny. Duh." He giggled.

"How old are you?"

He smiled again. "Old enough to know that salsa can't feel too good on your penis."

The cold hit me like a brick wall and i gasped out through my teeth. "Shit man why?!" I yelled out, carefully waddling on the balls of my feet  to the bathroom. I guess it was a good thing i didn't have fluffy carpet like Harvey.

I got to the bathroom and didn't bother to close the door. I yanked my boxers down and let them slap on the tiles around my feet. "James, get me some clean underwear from that drawer." I called pointing over to the first draw by my cupboard.

James did as he was told as i tried my best to wipe off as much salsa as i could from my legs. He chucked them at me and i caught them and lay them carefully on the basin rings and hopped into the shower. I pressed the on button and let a literal wave of water overcome me.

. . .

I came out in fresh new, clean underwear and breathed out as i ran a hand through my brown hair. James was sitting on my desk chair on his phone and i almost stumbled backward. 

He looked up at me and shrugged. "What?"

"Are you kidding me? You dress better then i do." I complained.

James was wearing a plain white t-shirt with a grey jumper and leather jacket over the top with straight blue jeans with tears down the left leg and one tear in the right knee and high top vans. His hair was brushed to the side messily and he wore a one in a million smile.

I walked over to my cupboard and pulled out my clothes which were boring skinny blue jeans, Nike Airs in red, my Calvin klein grey cap and and my grey wolf hoodie.

James was still on his phone, scrolling through something so i bounced over and peered on. He immediately cringed back and switched the screen off. I laughed and punched his shoulder. "Come on man, who was it? Your boyfriend?" I teased.

He laughed and shook his head, dropping his phone in his lap. I thought of snatching it to mock and tease him but what would be the point? I din't know the password.

"Nah man, it's nothing... i was just scrolling through my recommended on Insta." He explained.

I nodded. "Really? Your recommended or some girl's time line?" I joked sticking my tongue out at him.

"How do you know it's a girl? It's 2018." He said.

I started laughing but when i saw his face was serious i stopped and froze. "Please tell me you're not gay." I pleaded almost.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Your not homophobic, are you?" He accused with a teasing gasp.

"No, but i'm slightly worried seeing as you saw me in my underwear and you've seen me naked. So yeah, slightly concerned."

James laughed and picked his phone up again, tapped in the password but before it could open up to the Instagram page properly he double clicked the middle button and cleared his opened tabs. "Nah, i'm not gay. Very much into girls."

"Ok well i thought this was gonna be a girl free day." I reminded him.

He nodded. "It will be. I swear." He promised.

"Good, now get your scroungy butt up so we can gather up Harvey and Caden and the girls and leygo." I said pulling James up by the arm.

He came up sluggish but walked with me anyway to the door. He looked behind, scanning the room, making sure we hadn't left anything very important. Once he was happy we hadn't he let me close the door and we walked briskly off to Harvey and Caden's room.