Chapter XVI

We were bundled into a van. All of us in terror, pushed against our will by the four big guys. The Windows were blacked out completely with black spray paint. The floor was littered with various bits of cheap and disgusting things I didn't even want to think about. They made us stand in the van facing away from them, looking at the front, James was the tallest of us and had to duck to prevent hitting his head. Our hands on our heads.

Maya ordered us to strip to our underwear. Slowly I pulled my top over my head, let it fall to the floor next to James' and then started on my trouser buckle. The guys grabbed our clothes and patted them down, took our possessions such as phones, keys, wallets, everything. As I kicked my jeans off completely and pulled my boxers up, Maya cleared her throat.

"Excuse me but what is this?" She asked.

I didn't want to risk turning around. Call it cowardice, but that girl could do anything she wanted to me and I didn't want to risk it. James turned around and stepped closer to her.

"What?" He asked.

" Who's phone is this? "She demanded.

" Mine. " He replied.

She sighed. "All of you turn around." She barked.

I slowly turned on my heel and looked at her. Her hand was closed around a red IPhone I recognised as Harvey's old phone. Why did James say it was his? It must be something dodgy.

Maya tapped the screen to bring the light back and the screen displayed a new message sent to Harvey a few minutes ago. It was a recording. Maya pressed play and the conversation where she'd come in played loud and clear. The message to my brother had already been opened and read. Nice one Rana.

Maya tapped it off and crossed her arms. "I know it's not yours Adams, you didn't have your phone in your hand. So who's is it?" She demanded.

No one replied, not wanting to admit it or rat out so she stomped her foot. "Right." Then she brushed her leather jacket out of the way and grabbed at the bulge in her waist line of trousers and pulled out a gun.

" You don't tell me now I'll blow you to shit. Starting with that one. " she sneered, pointing the gun at Caroline.

Caroline squealed and ducked away. Payton wrapped his arms around her and was probably about to tell her when Rana spoke up. "It's mine." She yelled out proactively.

Maya smirked, lifted her hand and threw the phone down on the hard tarmac, dug her heel in it to finish it off, then fired a single bullet into it which sent it spinning dizzily. She blew the smoke from the gun's lips and repositioned it at her waist.

"I'm gonna have fun thinking up a punishment for you bitch." She smiled , licking her teeth.

"Let's get this show on the road." She yelled.

The guys gathered our clothes and belongings and threw them in the house. One pulled out a large carton of a foul smelling liquid that stank harshly of petrol. He doused the bottom floor of the house in the flammable intoxicant. As Maya took her place in the front seat and turned the engine on, one of the other guys lit a cigarette, took a long drag and threw it in. The fire immediately sparked and blew up wildly. Not bothering to shut the door to the house they grinned and slammed the doors to the van, leaving us in dim black.

As the van began moving we were all forced to sit down even if the floor was disgusting. This was no time to be picky. Apart from the hum if the engine I could make out the faint noises of sniffles.

I looked up and saw Chanelle and Rana cuddled up together, crying and Caroline crying into Payton's neck.

Out of respect I bowed my head away from the girls who were shivering in their bras and pants. I found myself staring at my lap as I spoke. "I'm so sorry Chanelle. If I'd have known this was going to happen i... I just wanted to... I just... God! I'M SO STUPID!" I yelled out.

"Max this isn't your fault." She tried.

" Oh shut up. This is completely my fault and you all know it. If I hadn't shown up Maya wouldn't have bothered you. Any of you. "It was true and they all know it.

You know it.

James put a hand on my shoulder and smiled. "Dude, You can't help what's already been done. Just try and make do with what you have right now." He said morning with his head to Chanelle.

I nodded and looked up at her. James was right. I moved over to the girls and took my girl in my arms. I tilted my head to the side and gave her a long kiss. I drew away, but not completely, Our noses were still touching.

"Chanelle I promise that I'm going to keep you safe, I won't let them hurt you." I said stroking her hair.

She smiled and nodded, tears streaming down her cheeks. "Don't do that."

"Do what? " I asked gently.

She looked me in the eye. "Make promises you can't keep."

My breathing turned ragged and sparse as I inhaled and realised she was right. I couldn't protect her.

"You can do one thing though." She said taking my face in her soft hands.

I stroked her hands and smiled into her eyes. "What's that?"

"Kiss me one last time Max Mills. "

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I kinda feel bad for keeping hidden the main protagonist (character) for the fanfiction a hidden secret. I'm rubbish at holding secrets, i'm like Tom Holland.

Ahhh, i'll just tell you already and in the next chapters i'll include sneak peaks of the main character bios for you. You're welcome. I know you love me.

It's about

Psych! You thought i was gonna tell you!

You were right :)

It's

HARVEY MILLS 

~ME :)