hiding again

Joven's pov

So originally we were waiting two weeks to tell the others that me and David are dating. But its been a month. I'm begining to freak out because I keep questioning if he is ashamed of me or something.

I understand it does take time for someone to come out but he knows that our friends aren't going to judge us. I don't know why he is hesitating. Doesn't he care about me ? It feels like I'm hiding in the closet again.

Right now we are filming a video for our annual game bang. Someone had the idea to play monopoly. The person who comes in last place with the least amount of money is going to have to roll over moving cars like they do in movies. This is gonna end badly.

It comes down between me and flitz. And it's not looking to good for me. Of course the timer goes off and I'm in last place. This is going to hurt.

We go out to an empty parking lot. And thankfully the cars are not going very fast. I clear the first one. The second is a little harder because someone decided to make me eat a severely hot pepper. Can't concentrate on the way I'm moving and the pain in my mouth. I slipped. Right as the car hit me it slammed on breaks.

Im a little dazed and can't focus. The breath has been knocked out of me and my mouth is still on fire. They sense that its went a little too far. And the video stops recording. They all crowd around me. But all I can focus on is the pain. My back does hurt a good bit but I don't think its broken. Anthony yells "are you ok ?"

All I can squeal out is "water"

Someone sets me up and I drink. The burning is gone. But my back hurts like hell "guys I don't think I can get up. That really fucking hurt"

Matt raub (one of our bosses) was there to supervise the whole thing "come on buddy we need you to get up. You can do it"

I look up and lasercorn runs to my side "are you ok ?"

"No it hurts" I told him

He looks around "who's dumb idea was this. He could have been killed. Help me get him up"

Wes steps up and grabs one side of me and lasercorn the otherside. They stand me up and I feel alot of pain still but I'm able to walk. David told me "joven let me take you to the hospital. there could be internal bleeding"

I shake my head "no I think I'm fine"

He shoots me a look "Joven please I'm telling you you need to go to a hospital"

I can see he is going to argue with me on this and honestly I just don't feel like arguing. Matt raub calls Ian to let him know. Lasercorn and I go get in his car. Right before he pulls off all of our friends are standing at his window. Wes exclaimed "let us know if he's ok !"

We drive off with their worried faces looking into the car. We get to the hospital and they put me in a room. They take a few x-rays and give me some medicine for the pain. No broken bones or anything but my back is severely sore.

Lasercorn is informing everyone on my condition. And he's getting really mad. I don't know who he is arguing with but he's pissed I got hurt. But it happens "what the hell were y'all thinking. He could've been hurt alot worse. Seriously what a dumb fucking idea"

He hangs up the phone and he still a little upset "lasercorn don't be so mad. I agreed to it"

He gives me a look "it shouldn't have been suggested in the first place"

He takes hold of my hand and kisses me. His kiss make the world around us disappear.

They release me from the hospital and told me to take it easy. We get back to the office and write scripts for the rest of the day. Ian was hesitant at first about letting me come back to work but I reassured him that it was ok and I didn't need to stand or lift things to type. He reluctantly agreed.

Lunch rolled around and lasercorn brought me lunch and sat in The office with me. Everyone else were in the break room. I finally pose the question I've been wanting to ask all day but we haven't been alone at all "so babe its been a month since we started being- whatever this is. Why haven't we told anyone ?"

He looks at me with a scrunched up fore head "I told you I need to come out on my own time. I haven't exactly had the best experience when comming out"

I nod. I'm a little annoyed. He gives me that answer everytime. I fire back "they are our friends they won't judge you. You know that. One of them already knows you are"

He glares at me "I know they won't but I just can't yet. I've tried to deny it my whole life. I'm still having a hard time accepting it myself"

I nod. I feel like hes just ashamed of me. I ask "so why not tell Matt atleast that we're together since you trust him enough"

He shakes his head. I feel a little mad "are you sure that it's not just that you're ashamed of someone as ugly as me"

He looks at me with the most hurt look ever "why would you even ask me that ? Ofcourse not Joven. You are the most beautiful person in the world"

He grabs hold of my hand and looks me in the eyes "I just need a little more time That's all ok. Then I promise I'll be ready"

I look into his eyes and it's hard not to agree so I did. I tell him "ok I'll compromise. If you go on an actual date with me tonight like dinner and a movie then I'll let this go"

He smiles. He reaches across the table and kisses me "deal"...