Chapter 12

Eli p.o.v

As I burst through the wooden front door to the house Alex and Ryan jumped up from the couch with there daggers drawn then Noah and Lydia came running in with weapons of their own. They all looked at me confused then put there weapons back in there sheaths"Listen, I'm so sorry but we have to leave. The Liche king is hunting us, he knows I killed Vine Blight to save you and they were friends. The way he sees it, I should have to kill you-"I pointed to Noah and he went three shades paler"-or he will kill me but I know that he won't be satisfied even if he does kill me and he'll still come after you guys. I had to warn you guys, we only have 30 minutes before there here so please hurry and pack a bag or two and let's go."

They all nodded and went to their rooms, Noah was the first one out then he came over to me and his eyes were glassy and sad then I hugged him,"It's ok Noah. I promise I'll keep everyone safe", he nodded then sniffed and straightned up and everyone else came out."Where's Cas?"

"She's with her girlfriend right now, she was going to get some of her fathers blood." Lydia spoke then Alex nodded bu I was completely confused. Cas has a girlfrined....I thought then brushed it away and went outside to the horses and smiled. They kept my horse then everyone got on there horse and Ryan got on Cass horse, hm I wonder why he doesn't have one. Lydia took the lead and we started walking towards the backyard then we went into the woods and walked for another 20 minutes,"How long do you think we have before the soldiers find us Eli?"

Noah looked at me and so did Lydia,"I'd say about 30 minutes before they find the trail, they are very thorough so they'll check the entire house then the stables and then the backyard." She nodded and we continued then me and Noah fell back behind the group by 6-8 feet then he sighed and looked at me,"How are you doing?"

"It's my fault...I should've been more careful." He looked at me and cried silent tears and I felt my heart break into two.

"It is not your fault, Blight was incredibly smart and that's why my father chose him to protect the ruby. He waits until you let your guard down and I don't regret saving you. Not. At. All." He looked at me and smiled then we caught up with the group and we approached a nice sized cabin. We got off our horses and tied them to a couple trees close by then we went over a small bridge and Lydia knocked on the door. Ryan shifted into a beautiful dark blue wolf and stood watch behind us then a small pyxie like woman opened the door and looked at us all."We need Cas.", she looked at me then yelled for Cas.

"What's going on? Only one or two of you ever come here, what's wrong?", she looked at Lydia and there was worry evident in her eyes then Cas came bounding down the stairs with all her weapons and a pack ready then she looked at me her eyes filled with shock, then she ran over and hugged me.

"The Liche King is hunting us we have to leave-"

(Alex p.o.v)

A low growling sound made us turn around then we saw Ryan growling at a tall man in black clothes and he appeared to be a Draco(half human and half dragon). I used a spell that brought electricity to my right hand and walked to Ryan then shot a little bolt close to his head and he stared at me then took off his hood."Ryan it's ok, he's a friend." I said and he looked at me then smiled.

"Nice to see you again Alex. How's everything going?", my friend Matthew asked then Cas walked over and he handed her a couple vials of blood.

"Actually, not so good. Were being hunted by the Liche King and I was wondering if you could hide us for a couple days. I know it's a lot and I'm sorry but please."

"Of course but we should probably hurry." I nodded then he smiled and we all got on our horses except for Cas then she ran over to her girlfriend and they hugged for awhile then a couple tears fell down her girlfriends face. Cas kissed her then wiped away her tears and mumbled,"I'll be back as soon as it's safe." Then she ran to her horse and got on and Matt led the way to his home.

(Hope you enjoyed this chapter)