Chapter 14

Luke's POV

"She's not coming, is she?" I asked Maria as we arrived at the gate.

"We were with her yesterday and we said our goodbyes so I don't think she's coming," Maria looked at me with sympathy in her eyes and I held back tears. I had cried enough through the past week and I bet she hadn't even shed one tear. It was the first time I ever cried over a girl and frankly I didn't like it. I think this was the only time I left the house since.

"How is she taking it?" I questioned Maria as the others joined us.

"Well......I think shes taking it better than we expected," I flinched at her words,"Sorry."

"Okay....so does everyone have their passports with them? We board the plane in five minutes," mom announced.

"Everything's in order. I'm so excited! I've never been to Australia before!" Summer squealed.

"You'll love it," Ashton held Summers hand and she smiled.

"Great, I'm surrounded my couples," I mumbled but everyone heard and gave me sympathetic smile.

"Hey, I'm single," Michael chuckled at my horrified look,"I wasn't offering anything. You're so big-headed." That got all of us to start laughing.

"So......is Angela coming to say good bye to us?" Calum asked Maria as he wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his head on her shoulder.

"I don't think so. They're boarding now anyway," Maria sighed and we started walking towards the boarding gate.

"WAIT!" We heard a voice yell and I prayed that a fan hadn't recognized us. That's one of the reasons we were at the airport at 4:00am. We turned around to see Angela running towards us.

"You really thought that I would let you guys leave and not say goodbye," Angela hunched over panting.

"You should really use the time we're gone by going to the gym," Ashton teased.

"I'm not fat, I'm just unfit," Angela scowled at him before hugging him. She moved over to Michael and then Calum.

"Take care of my girls and if you hurt Maria in anyway then I'll......I won't be fast enough to do anything because Summer would have already murdered you," Angela laughed and everyone joined her, except me. I just stood there gawking at how cool she was acting.

"I think that's enough. We should board now," Mom sent Angela a glare and Angela nodded.

"Okay bye Liz, have a good trip and you too Luke...."she trailed off before running into my open arms that I didn't even know we're open.

"I'm going to miss you," she whispered against my chest.

"Me too," I stroked her hair before stopping wen I realized. I missed her. I missed her comforting hugs and I missed her sarcastic words when she was in a bad mood. I missed her soft kisses and stroking her hair that smelled oddly like vanilla. I missed her sweet smile and looking into her hazel-caramel eyes. I could've hugged her forever but my mom cleared her throat.

"We need to go," mom glared at Angela.

"I just hugged him," Angela spat at mum, making all of us confused as ever.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing, just have fun, take care of each other and Calum remember what I said about Maria," Angela's eyes darted to Ashton and Summers intertwined hands,"Same goes to Ashton." As she said that we started walking into the boarding gate and into the plane. I turned around and saw Angela waving, in tears before running away. I blinked back my tears as I watched her run away.