Part 16

A few minutes later, Sherlock and I were in the car that Mycroft had reserved for us on the London Eye. "London looks so beautiful from up here. I think that this is the first time I've ever been on the London Eye," I said. "Really?" asked Sherlock. "Yeah. I did just move here from America, after all," I said, still keeping my secret. But judging by Sherlock's face, he was starting to put the pieces together. "Alis, is there something that you're not telling me?" he asked. "No, not at all. Why would you think that?" I asked, starting to get nervous. "I'm right, aren't I? You're keeping a secret from me. Does Mycroft know about it?" he asked sternly. "I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about," I lied. "You're lying. I can see it in your eyes. What are you hiding from me?" he asked, starting to raise his voice. "I told Mycroft my secret for security reasons. If I tell you, then John will get suspicious and if I tell him, it could lead to the entire Scotland Yard knowing about it. I can't imagine what they would do to me if that happened," I said. Sherlock turned to me and took my hand. "Alis Harrison, I give you my word that if John finds out about your secret after you tell me, I will make sure that no one else finds out," he said. "You promise?" I asked. "I promise. You don't need to be afraid of me, Alis. I'm not going to hurt you," he said. I knew I couldn't hide my secret from him any longer. It was pointless. Then, I took a deep breath. "The truth is, I didn't move here from America. Well, technically, I did. But not in the way that you'd expect. I am from America, but it's in an alternate dimension from this one," I said. "Interesting. How exactly did you end up here?" he asked. "About a week ago, I had just gotten back to my dorm from college classes and was about to do my homework. But suddenly, this portal opened and I got sucked into it. Next thing I know, I'm right in the middle of Russel Square Park," I said. "That is odd. Do you have any theories as to why this happened?" he asked. "Nope. I have no idea. It just happened," I said. "Are you trying to get back to your own dimension?" he asked. "I was, but not anymore. I feel a lot more comfortable here. And I'm not sure if there is a way to get back home. My roommate and the university probably think that I'm dead by now," I said. "Well, you're more than welcome to stay with me and John for as long as you need to. You're a big help on cases, you know," he said. "Thank you, Sherlock," I paused as I looked at my watch. It was 11:49 pm. "Oh, God! It's almost midnight! We better get back to the flat before John gets suspicious!" I exclaimed. "You're right. Well, it's a good thing that we're getting off now," he said as our car landed on the ground. As soon as the doors opened, we ran out and quickly got a taxi back to Baker Street. It may have been a long night, but it sure was a good one.