Chapter 31

A few minutes later, Mrs. Hudson had joined me, Lestrade, and Sherlock in the living room and was standing in between us, looking at the paper-covered wall. Sherlock was talking into his own phone. "Great. ... Thank you. Thanks again," he said as he walked towards the fireplace, still talking into his phone. Mrs. Hudson was looking sadly at a photo of Connie Prince on the wall. "It was a real shame. I liked her. She taught you how to do your colors," she said. Lestrade and I turned to look at Mrs. H. "Colors?" I repeated. "You know," she paused as she gestured down at her clothes. "What goes best with what. I should never wear cerise, apparently. Drains me," she said. Lestrade and I quietly laughed as Sherlock joined us once again. "Who was that?" asked Lestrade. "Home Office," said Sherlock, staring at the wall. "Home Office?" Lestrade and I repeated. "Well, Home Secretary, actually. Owes me a favor," he said. "Who doesn't owe you a favor?!" I exclaimed. "Shut up," said Sherlock. "Sorry, Sherlock," I said as we looked back at the wall. "She was a pretty girl but she messed about with herself too much. They all do these days," said Mrs. Hudson. "People can hardly move their faces. It's silly, isn't it?!" I exclaimed. Mrs. Hudson and I laughed while Lestrade politely smiled. Then, we looked back at Sherlock. "Did you ever see her show?" she asked. "Not until now," said Sherlock as he picked up his laptop and opened it, showing us a video of one of Connie Prince's videos. Suddenly, my phone started ringing. It was from Dr. Watson. "John," I said. He was speaking in a quiet tone. "Hi. Look, get over here quickly. I think I'm onto something. You'll need to pick up some stuff first. You got a pen?" he asked. "Yeah, I do. Sherlock, it's John. I need paper, now," I said. And once Sherlock gave me what I had asked for, I wrote down everything that John said.