Chapter 6

When Luna and Cho went to the Gryffindor common room again to hang out there, I stayed in the dorm and started to write a letter back to Corey. I had so much to tell him.

Hi, bro!

I'm glad your year started well but that's not a surprise, right? We all know you're Mr. Popular. To be honest, I didn't think it would be so cool here. I met some nice people, I don't feel so lonely anymore. I'm really happy that you thought of me and wrote so quikcly. To answer your questions, Dumbledore seems cool and not as crazy as the paper says. I met Harry Potter too, he's a nice guy. I got sorted into Ravenclaw and I'm happy with that. We're supposed to be the smart ones but knowing myself, I'm not convinced. Neville, a boy I became friends with on the train, told me it's good that I'm not a Slytherin. If you did research, you probably know about them.

I feel like everything that keeps me from being completely happy is the fact that I always block the you-know-who incidents out of my head and of course, my past makes it hard to be totally carefree. You are the only one I can talk to about this so thank you. I know you understand me, you always do.

I have no idea about what I'm gonna do during the holidays, do you want me to come home? I'm not sure. Sorry for the weird structure of this letter, I have a lot to talk about, I guess.

The teachers are cool so far, except for Professor Snape, he's really scary. And Professor Umbridge, she's been sent from the minister to watch Dumbledore, I think. That's how I understood it anyway. When it comes to most students, they're nice as well, except for Malfoy and his friends. He's a Slytherin and really mean and keeps insulting people for things like not having pure-blood, for example. Even though I am, he hates me too. Plus, he's being awful to my new friend, Neville. I hate him for that, everyone hates him. But Neville is great, he explains all the odd parts of this school to me. The school is confusing, to get in our common room you have to know the solution to a riddle and the stairs move! And who knows what you have to do to get into the other common rooms! For Gryffindor's, you just need a password. This castle will take a little getting used to.

Let's keep in touch the whole year, alright?

Sam ♥

Once I was done with the letter, Luna and Cho were back already, fast asleep. Curfew had started long ago but I wanted to bring the letter up to the owlery, I wanted to send it with Poppy as quickly as possible so the reply would come soon. So I got up and snuck out of the dorms, down and out of the common room, not caring for the riddle I would have to solve. I walked down the spiral stairs and then I took the way up that Neville had shown me up to the owl tower the other day. I hurried up the stairs quietly, hoping I'd be fast enough for them not to change. I reached the tower and wanted to do Lumos but I already saw a bright wand glowing in the dark. I stood next to the door and looked into the room but I couldn't see anything. But I heard someone sobbing quietly. So I lit my wand as well and walked in, wishing I hadn't.