Chapter 12: Defend Salem! The Architect Strikes!

~September 4th, 2094, Salem's capital, Orrea ~

Jacob has been in Orrea for the past year trying to get the Alliance forces stationed there to attack New Berlin. Tony, James, and Michelle are presumed dead. Jacob's attempts have been futile.

The Architect had her fleet open fire on Orrea. The attack was unexpected. Orrea was nearly destroyed in the barrage. The Architect noticed this as she watched the battle unfold from the ship. "Shall we send down our armies?" CLYDE asked ready to press the 'drop' button on the command console. "No. Why waste our robots when we can destroy this planet from here?" The Architect asked calmly. "That's not how you do things." CLYDE said. "It is now." The Architect said getting angry. CLYDE backed off and rolled away. The ships continued their barrage. Orrea was heavily damaged, but The Architect purposefully made sure it wasn't completely destroyed. A Planetary Alliance fleet warped in. An Accelerator fleet. Joseph, Ava, and Roderick were on the command ship. The Alliance wasted no time and opened fire immediately. The ships didn't take much damage. These Accelerators have been edited by Grave Industries specialists. They now have double the cannons and firepower. The number of PBCs remained the same. The Robot Syndicate fleet entered a formation. The command ship in the middle and the other ships surrounded it in a triangle. The Accelerators did their best to break that formation. After a few hours of fighting, a few Robot Syndicate ships were destroyed. However, most of the Accelerators were gone.

"Is it charged, CLYDE?" The Architect asked as she watched the battle. She wasn't aware that CLYDE had left. "CLYDE, is it ready?!" The Architect asked louder and angrier. She looked over and noticed he was gone. She was furious. She walked over and checked if the command ship's cannons were charged. The cannons were the eyes of the skull and the palms of the arms. She pressed the 'fire' button and the Accelerator fleet was nearly destroyed. The cannons blasted the Accelerator fleet with a different and foreign type of bullet. It's similar to an EMP. It makes the ships systems malfunction at random and later explode.

"Everyone, evacuate!" Joseph shouted. Roderick and Ava were already rushing towards the escape pods. Joseph turned around and ran to follow, but the blast doors malfunctioned and closed on him. He banged on them, but no one heard it. Roderick and Ava escaped and landed outside Orrea. Joseph was killed in the explosion.

The Architect smiled maniacally as she watched the Accelerators explode. The reflection of explosions could be seen in her visor. "You think you can send three people to kill me. James, Tony, and Michelle are weak! I'm not!" The Architect said maniacally. She postponed the rest of the attack as she went to look for CLYDE. She found him in the communication room. "What's going on CLYDE?" The Architect asked as she noticed CLYDE had called the strongest general, Justin Trute, or The Creator as he was more commonly known. "Hello, Architect. What's with your new suit? Last I checked you were too weak to wear that." The Creator said expecting her to bow and noticing her suit. She didn't bow. He could see the insanity in her eyes. "Most weaklings bow before their superior." The Creator said. "I want a divorce." The Architect said. "What?!" The Creator asked in shock. "I said, I want a divorce. All you do is say I'm weak. Why you married me I'll never know, and I don't care anymore. I want a divorce!" The Architect said happily. "You know how we do divorces in this empire, do you not?" The Creator asked. "I am indeed aware. I will stand triumphant, not you." The Architect said. "How do you figure?" The Creator asked. "I'll return home after I am done on this planet. Then, you shall be defeated and I won't have to worry about being married to someone as weak as you." The Architect said confident in her own strength. CLYDE was mortified by what was going on. He viewed The Architect as a mother and The Creator as a father. "This is a bit rash." CLYDE said. "Shush!" The Architect yelled as she kicked CLYDE across the room. She hung up on The Creator and looked at CLYDE. "Why did you contact him?" The Architect asked angrily. "I wanted him to make you stop." CLYDE said. "I know you've always disagreed with this, but I liked you more when you were devoted to me and not a wimp who goes behind my back." The Architect said grabbing him. 

She brought him to the trash chute of her command ship. She retrieved her scepter. "Bye, traitor." The Architect said as she shoved him down the trash chute and ejected him into space. 

She returned to the command center. The Robot Syndicate fleet continued firing, but The Architect's bridge was shot. Sheila, Jacob, Sam, Tristan, and Skyler joined the fight. They blew a hole in the bridge window and everyone, but Sheila who's flying the ship, jumped through it. The Architect pressed a button to activate blast shields around the bridge. The power turned off. A shadow covered The Architect's exposed face, but the red glow gave away the half with the helmet over it. She was holding her scepter and grinned. She could see them, but they couldn't see her. The newer suit has built in night vision that will work with any helmet. Tristan rushed in with a plasma sword. The hilt had a Salemian design and the blade was red and curved like a scimitar. He attacked The Architect with it, but she blocked with her wrist. She kicked him off of her. The sword deactivated. Tristan got up and ran at her once again. He activated the sword and she saw him coming. The Architect grabbed him and slammed him onto the floor. The sword was right next to her. Tristan saw her face as clear as day. He was mortified by who he saw. "Sam?!" Tristan asked in shock.