Chapter 29: Long Time

~March 3rd, sunset, 2099, Trite~

Robert sat down in his chair and turned on a planet wide broadcast. Even Sam was seeing this. "Soldiers, citizens, survivors. We... no... I need your help. We will be attacked by the Robot Syndicate very soon. The Architect has arrived in this universe to deal with us once and for all. The Forge gives the Robot Syndicate their current strength. Markov, Samantha, and I have devised a plan to beat the Robot Syndicate once and for all, but I need you all to help us. Help us free this universe and get rid of the Robot Syndicate forever. It's the dawn of a new century, and that century can't be filled with hardships and death like this one. We need to fight to break free of this tyranny. Sam, The Architect, the Robot Syndicate, and all other threats from the past 100 years can't be allowed to peer their ugly head next year. We're the light, the spark, the hope of this universe. We will bring back the Planetary Alliance. We will survive, but we, I, and everyone around you need your help to fight back. This week marks the end of the Robot Syndicate and the dawn of an era of peace. An era of an Alliance that will one day span the entire Milky Way and Andromeda galaxy. Each and every one of us needs your help. If you're willing to help, go to the nearest military base to volunteer. Please." Robert announced desperately. 

~March 4th, Trite's prison~

Jacob went into Sam's cell to visit her. She was on a hospital bed with life support hooked up. "Hey, Jacob." Sam said coughing afterward. Jacob walked around for a bit and felt the room around him. He found a chair and sat down. "Why?" Jacob asked referring to Sam's betrayal. "Peace. That's why. I saw how the Robot Syndicate looked. It was peaceful and beautiful." Sam answered and then coughing again. "You betrayed us for some stupid vision?" Jacob asked angrily. "I tried to save you all, but none of you wanted my gift, our gift." Sam said as her heart rate began to slow down. Jacob got and unplugged her life support. She coughed a lot and constantly. "Jacob... I'm sorry." Sam said as he left. She coughed more and more as time passed. A few minutes later medical operators came in to find her dead. "That plan of Robert's better work, or we're all dead." One medical operator said. The other nodded in agreement.

~March 5th, Robot Syndicate spire~

The Revolution Syndicate arrived at the spire. The Architect was there waiting for them. She projected a hologram of herself as big as the spire. "You're out of luck! When we're done here your planet will be completely destroyed!" The Architect gloated. The Architect had the biggest fleet ever assembled. The fleet was 18 times the size of the Revolution's eight fleets of 80. 

"Markov, Samantha, begin the attack." Robert said over a holo call. All three had their ships open fire on The Architect's fleet.